Accion Labs is a global technology services firm with specialized focus on servicing enterprise and technology firms in the emerging technologies such as Web 2.0, SAAS, Cloud, eBusiness, Mobile, social media, open-source and BI/DW. Company was founded in 2011, in USA - Pittsburgh, 20 locations, 5000+ employees.
Accion is now building a Prague office with 100 people capacity for its US client called Veracode.
Veracode is a market leader helping companies easily integrate application security into your software.
Senior Software Engineer - Java/Python/Go + AWS
Senior Software Engineer
Looking for an innovative, high-growth company in one of the hottest segments of the security market? Look no further than Veracode!
Veracode is recognized as a premier provider of SaaS-based application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in today’s software driven world. We provide our customers with a solid foundation on which to build security into their modern agile development processes. Learn more about us at www.veracode.com!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has experience building cloud native applications in an Agile environment. You will collaborate with development teams, product managers and architects to achieve business objectives and deliver value to our customers. You have experience aligning technical direction, tools, and techniques with forward-looking business needs and technical strategy. You can manage strategic initiatives and projects while also sharing knowledge contributing to an engineering culture of high performance and continuous learning. You will work as part of a self-empowered autonomous devops team focused on continuous improvement, quality and speed in delivering innovative, market differentiating products and solutions to our customers. The Platform Engineering team is charged with designing, developing, and maintaining the next generation of underlying platform technologies which provide the foundation that our development teams use to deliver their features and services to Veracode customers.
Key Aspects of Role
- Research and create proofs of concept and introduce new technologies to the team
- Take ownership of the production operation and monitoring of services managing the system and aware of SLAs
- Proactively improves the reliability of services through fault-tolerant design leveraging cloud-native principles and SRE practices
- Mentor others to enhance team performance and foster a culture of continuous learning
- Challenge team processes identifying ways to improve efficiency and productivity
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for driving results across the team
- Exercise strong judgment and creativity in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for solutioning issues and obtaining results
- Communicate and collaborate with the team and across functional boundaries
- Promote team adoption of cloud native, lean/Agile/DevOps & 12 Factor Application principles and methodologies
- Knowledge of and commitment to best practices related to quality, CI/CD, GitOps, TDD, and relentless automation
- Strong understanding and experience with Cloud Native and 12 Factor Principles, Microservices, Lean Principles, DevOps, Test Driven Development (TDD), Extreme Programming (XP), Observability / Monitoring
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field, and 5 years relevant industry experience
- Extensive hands-on experience working with AWS cloud products and services
- Coding experience in Golang
- Experience with popular open-source software such as Postgres, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Redis and Couchbase
- Experience working with React/Redux, Kubernetes, ArgoCD
- Experience with development frameworks such as the Echo, Fiber or similar framework, Gorm and knowledge of advanced SQL
- Proficiency with modern object-oriented languages/frameworks, Terraform, Kubernetes, AWS, Data Streaming
- Knowledge of containers and container orchestration platforms, preferably Kubernetes
- Experience delivering services using distributed architectures: Microservices, SOA, RESTful APIs and data integration architectures
- Effectively communicates on product features, components, new technologies, and research
- Able to solve challenging product, customer issues and provide recommended solutions
- Excellent organizational skills and can multitask across teams, and projects and priorities, with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Action oriented to proactively drive work within the team to deliver results
- Experience coaching and mentoring
- Demonstrate empathy with internal colleagues, stakeholders and customers
- Experience with Java and development frameworks such as the Spring/Spring Boot framework, Hibernate
- Experience with Python is a plus
- Experience building command line tools
- Experience with CI/CD workflow
- Experience working with modern package managers (npm, bundler, pip etc.) and build systems (Gradle, Make etc.)
- Experience breaking down systems with a Domain Driven Design mindset
Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Information about position
- Accion Labs Czech s.r.o.
- Na strži 1702/65, Praha – Nusle
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: en (Proficient)
- Salary: 100,000 – 130,000 CZK / month
- Benefits: Educational courses, training, Launch of a completely new project, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Sick days, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Cafeteria, A longer unpaid leave, Work mostly from home, Individual schedules of working hours, Corporate events, Flexible start/end of working hours, International conferences, Notebook, Self-organization of the job, Above-standard medical care
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, IS/IT: Application and system development, Golang developer, Java developer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract, contract under Trade Certificate / Identification No., agreement on working activities (DPČ)
- Employer type: Employer
Also suitable for graduates.
Also suitable for refugees from Ukraine
Na Strzi Empiria Building, 14000 Prague, Czechia
774 189 675