Accion Labs is a global technology services firm with specialized focus on servicing enterprise and technology firms in the emerging technologies such as Web 2.0, SAAS, Cloud, eBusiness, Mobile, social media, open-source and BI/DW. Company was founded in 2011, in USA - Pittsburgh, 20 locations, 5000+ employees.
Accion is now building a Prague office with 100 people capacity for its US client called Veracode.
Veracode is a market leader helping companies easily integrate application security into your software.
Data Platform Engineer - Kafka & Mongo
Veracode Envisions a World Where Software is Developed Secure From the Start
Software Engineer – Data Platform
Veracode and AccionLabs are proud to come together to build the Prague Engineering Center – a center of excellence that will increase our innovation capacity and deliver market-differentiating value that benefits our customers.
Learn more about us at www.veracode.com and www.accionlabs.com
We in Veracode help the world’s largest enterprises easily integrate application security into their software development life cycle, bringing development and security teams together to transform the way companies secure applications in today’s software driven world. The tools we create assist developers in the environments where they work and provide education to ensure that the code developers create is secure from the start.
About Accion Labs
Accion Labs is our selected partner, helping us establish a presence in Prague. It is a global technology services firm with specialized focus on servicing enterprise and technology firms in the emerging technologies such as Web 2.0, SAAS, Cloud, eBusiness, Mobile, social media, open-source and BI/DW.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Data Platform team who has experience building and operating cloud native data infrastructure and applications in an Agile environment. In this role you will collaborate with your team to validate technical requirements and deliver value to the engineering organization. You will be responsible for building/running real-time, resilient, and scalable event-streaming clusters and persistence stores as well as establishing/enabling repeatable patterns for asynchronous data integration across the platform. You will be working on an AWS stack with Kafka (Confluent) and Kubernetes as well as various persistence technology such as MongoDB (Atlas), PostgreSQL (Aurora), Data Lake and Redshift. This platform will enable both our operational scale and data intelligence objectives. You have experience aligning technical direction, tools, and techniques with forward-looking business needs and technical strategy. You can manage strategic initiatives and projects while also sharing knowledge contributing to an engineering culture of high performance and continuous learning. You will work as part of a self-empowered autonomous devops team focused on continuous improvement, quality and speed in delivering innovative, market differentiating products and solutions to our customers. The Data Platform Engineer will be part of the group whose mission is enabling Veracode Engineering teams with modern, cloud-native data infrastructure upon which to build and run services
Key Aspects of Role
- Enable Veracode engineering teams with cloud-native, scalable and highly available shared data infrastructure and tooling, allowing them to focus on business logic and rapid/frequent delivery
- Work collaboratively with the team to deliver high-quality, test-driven code and scalable, fault-tolerant shared data infrastructure in support of our engineering platform
- Become a source of domain and technical expertise for the team in one or more areas and actively learn new ones
- Follow engineering best practices around testing, CI/CD, GitOps, TDD, architectural alignment, and relentless automation
- Proactively support other team members and help them to be successful
- Work to make an impact on the whole team and its remit
- Understanding and familiarity with Cloud Native and 12 Factor Principles, Microservices, Lean Principles, DevOps, Test Driven Development (TDD), Extreme Programming (XP), Observability / Monitoring
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field or 3 years relevant industry experience
- Experience working with AWS cloud products and services
- Experience with database technology of multiple types (RDBMS, NoSQL, Columnar)
- Experience running messaging, persistence and data processing clusters at scale leveraging managed services and public cloud infrastructure.
- Coding experience with modern object-oriented languages/frameworks and SQL
- Knowledge of popular big data technology such as MongoDB and Kafka
- Knowledge of containers and container orchestration platforms, preferably Kubernetes
- Understanding of pub/sub, queueing and streaming data processing
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills to effectively troubleshoot issues
- Solid organization skills and can multitask across teams, and projects and priorities, with the ability to juggle multiple projects and adapt to shifting business needs
- Action oriented to proactively drive work within the team to deliver results
- Willingness and enthusiasm to expand knowledge base across the product area
- Demonstrate empathy with internal colleagues, stakeholders and customer
- Experience with MongoDB, Kafka and associated ecosystem
- Experience with Producers/Consumers, event-driven design patterns and asynchronous data integration with Kafka and/or similar technologies.
- Experience with IAC technology such as Terraform
- Experience delivering services using DevOps, GitOps, continuous delivery, infrastructure-as-code
Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Informace o pozici
- Accion Labs Czech s.r.o.
- Na strži 1702/65, Praha – Nusle
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: en (Proficient)
- Salary: 90 000 – 135 000 CZK / month
- Benefits: Educational courses, training, Launch of a completely new project, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Sick days, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Cafeteria, A longer unpaid leave, Work mostly from home, Individual schedules of working hours, Corporate events, Bonuses, Flexible start/end of working hours, International conferences, Notebook, Self-organization of the job, Above-standard medical care
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, DevOps engineer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract, contract under Trade Certificate / Identification No., agreement on working activities (DPČ)
- Employer type: Employer
Also suitable for graduates.
Also suitable for refugees from Ukraine
Na Strzi Empiria Building, 14000 Prague, Czechia
774 189 675