CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to the dignity of people.
For 75 years, CARE has led the way to a better life for the world’s most vulnerable people. This year, CARE and partners worked in 111 countries, reaching more than 174 million people around the world through 1,600 projects.
We put women and girls in the center because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities.
CARE’s Project Manager for Strive Czechia
CARE’s Project Manager for Strive Czechia is a new position that will help to unlock the power of Micro and Small entrepreneurs (MSEs) in the Czech Republic. This effort aims to improve, digitalize, and grow over 250,000 MSEs by connecting entrepreneurs, especially women, with a one-stop shop of digital resources and coaching, while developing a campaign to build demand and demystify digital resources; improving access to financial services; and providing critical support services. CARE is the coalition builder to deliver these services through local partners including FSPs, business development services providers, marketing firms, and the government. In addition, the effort will build an integrated ecosystem of stakeholders that will support MSEs in the Czech Republic through a learning network and by bringing visibility to industry-level and MSE-level data, learning, and sharing.
This is a new position in an existing department, aimed at digitalizing and growing MSEs by connecting entrepreneurs, especially women, with a one-stop shop of digital resources and coaching. The candidate will need to be a problem solver, analytical, innovative and operate in a dynamic environment.
Project Management and Technical Assistance (35%)
- Ensure program quality by providing technical assistance and build capabilities of the Czech teams throughout the three main project objectives. Additionally, the role will provide oversight and execute necessary project management tasks with the CARE Czechia team, including developing and coordinating around project requirements, timelines and budgets for all products and services. Help develop planning materials to ensure project goals are being met.
Thought Leadership, Research and Knowledge Management (30%)
- The position will require managing research exercises at all stages as they evolve from collection, to insight, and into design changes. Oversee and be accountable for survey design and themes, data collection, reporting, and manage feedback from partners and stakeholders. The role requires someone excellent at analyzing and packaging research into presentations, briefs, or blogs for thought leadership purposes.
Donor and Partner Management (20%)
- Serve as a key feedback manager from partners and stakeholders as related to surveys, reports, and other project milestones. The role also requires excellent cross-cultural leadership and communication skills to liaise effectively with all the project stakeholders.
Reporting, ME, other (15%)
- Ensure appropriate monitoring and evaluation is set. Ensure coordination and regular communication to donors and key stakeholders on progress, lessons, and challenges through reporting process. Assist in maintaining project impact database.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Financial Services, Social Entrepreneurship or other related area
- Proven understanding of digital financial solutions and digital tools that can effectively target low-income entrepreneurs
- Proven ability to engage with financial service providers to adapt and/or develop and commercialize products targeting under-served market segments generally and women in particular
- Demonstrated success managing large, complex projects, including a strong background project planning, organizational and time management skills, including flexibility, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure to meet challenging deadlines.
- 7+ years work experience in a relevant field (e.g. financial inclusion, entrepreneurism, micro finance, or access to finance)
- Fluency in English and Czech is mandatory.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to formulate recommendations and advice for senior leadership that will inform development of relevant business lines.
- Prior work experience with entrepreneurial ecosystems and small business financial services, optimally in Eastern Europe generally or Czech Republic specifically.
- Well-developed collaboration and communication skills, including the ability to galvanize the diverse needs of stakeholders around common solutions across cultures.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise effectively at senior levels across.
- Strong ability to communicate and function effectively in local/international/multicultural environment.
- Strong analytical, reporting and writing skills in Czech and English.
- Competetive salary, an exciting responsible job with many stakeholders
- Self-realization and application of own progressive ideas
- Contribution to a meaningful work of an experienced international humanitarian organization with a global impact in a small Czech team (office in Vinohrady with excellent accessibility - short distance from Náměstí Míru)
- Onboarding and support from CARE senior staff
- Flexible start and end of working hours, possibility to use home office, 5 weeks of vacation and 3 sick days per year
- Mobile phone, laptop (also for private use)
- Opportunities for professional and personal growth
- Enriching international cooperation, sharing and use of know-how from other professional CARE offices in the world
- Openness, support and cooperation in the team and whole organisation
- Dynamic, informal creative environment that values innovation, impact and development mind-set at work.
The condition for inclusion in the selection procedure is the submission of 1. a structured CV and 2. a short personal motivation in English.
Applicants who pass the first round of the selection procedure (assessment of qualification prerequisites and motivation) may be sent an invitation to complete a practical task.
Due to internal capacities, we will only contact selected applicants who provide CV with a short motivation and meet the qualification requirements.
The organization will invite applicants for interviews on an ongoing basis.
At CARE we are committed to preventing all forms of abuse, harassment, exploitation and harm towards our staff, partners, related personnel and communities where we work. We recognize that we have a particular responsibility to promote human dignity and social justice within our own organization, and maintain a safe and respectful workplace. We are committed to protecting the people we work with and for from any form of sexual misconduct, abuse or harm.
CARE has a zero-tolerance approach towards sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child abuse towards any person including our staff, representatives, partners, program participants and members of the community where we work. We expect all staff, partners and related personnel to share this commitment by understanding, abiding by and working within the CARE International Safeguarding Policy and related framework at all times whilst representing CARE.
CARE International reserves the right to seek information from job applicants’ current and/or previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, sexual harassment and misconduct the applicant has been found to have committed; or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer.
By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE International requesting the information specified above from their current or previous employers.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. We will seek at least two references, one of which must be your most recent employer.
We participate in the Misconduct Disclosure Scheme and will request information from all job applicants’ previous employers from the previous u to 5 years, regarding misconduct relating to sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, child abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By applying, you confirm your understanding and agreement of these checks.
Informace o pozici
- CARE Česká republika z.s.
- Slezská 2033/11, Praha – Vinohrady
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced), Czech (Proficient)
- Salary: 75 000 – 95 000 CZK / month
- Listed in: Technology and development, Research and development, Top management, Project Manager, Development team specialist, Research and development worker, Operations Manager
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract, other
- Employer type: Non-profit organization