Become a part of the worldwide movement Doctors without borders! The humanitarian and medical organisation, Doctors without borders, opened a Shared IT Service (SITS) centre in Prague in 2019. This centre provides IT support to all interested parties around the world – people sent to missions, operating centres, sections and branch offices.
MSF SITS is building a Data Management unit that will handle the governance and administration of data as well as the administration of the technical platform. ASITS Data Specialist will assist to design, innovate, implement a holistic Data Governance & Power platform for all related processes and requirements. The ideal candidate fully understands the value of data and how to properly manage and leverage it for a more effective management decision-making.
This position will report to the Head of Finance and Data Management.
- Assist to innovate, build, and implement a sound and holistic Data Governance for the SITS
- Analyse business requirements
- Design solution based on requirements
- Prepare solution for testing and deployment on different environments
- Create tests a test solution
- Maintain solution documentation
- Provide support and fixes to existing solutions
- Maintain & implement a Data Dictionary
- Collaboration with the DPO to ensure full compliance with GDPR and other Data Privacy requirements
- Research and perform work to support section on Power platform application
- Support and participate on data processing, analytics, reporting, and Business Intelligence activities
- Proactively analyse existing data and propose the best utilization
- Support and advise the rest of the MSF movement in their data management related activities
- Query resolution for sections
- University degree in statistics, or mathematics strongly preferred
- Proven two years’ experience with data management
- Advanced understanding of data analytical processes
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft PowerBI
- Knowledge of clustering models
- A positive and proactive attitude to any data related or management challenge
- Ability to keep-up with the rapid developments in related innovations
- Fluent in professional English, both spoken and written
- Utmost attention to detail
- Independent, reliable and dependable
- Work permit in the Czech Republic
What we can offer you
- Interesting professional and personal challenge
- Rewarding and meaningful work in a young, dynamic, and rapidly growing truly international organization
- Full flexibility and ownership/accountability
- 25 days of holiday per year; 6 sick days per year
- Flexible working hours, working from home
- Possibility to receive the 13th salary (after probation period)
- Meal vouchers
- Cafeteria / Pension scheme
- MultiSport card
- Language courses
- Relocation package for former MSF field employees who change their regular domicile location in order to work in MSF SITS Prague office
- Possibility to go for a "sabbatical leave“ / mission, once per 3 years
- Free refreshment at the workplace
- Dog/baby friendly office, etc.
- Team buildings / family days
Who we are
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and healthcare exclusion. MSF offers assistance to people in need and irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation. MSF’s actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence, and neutrality. Over 90% of the organization’s funding comes from individual private donors giving small amounts.
The organisation was founded in 1971 in France by a group of doctors and journalists in the wake of war and famine in Biafra, Nigeria. Their aim was to establish an independent organization that focuses on delivering emergency medicine aid quickly, effectively and impartially. Three hundred volunteers made up the organization when it was founded: doctors, nurses and other staff, including the 13 founding doctors and journalists.
Today, MSF is a worldwide movement of more than 65,000 people working in 21 sections, 12 branch offices, 5 Operational Centres and three supply centres worldwide. There are as many IT departments as sections, and together they support more than 32,000 system users spread over MSF offices and missions across the globe. To gain in efficiency and improve end-user experience, MSF has built its own Shared IT Services (SITS) Centre in Prague.
Informace o pozici
- MSF Shared IT Services, z.s.
- Zenklova 2245/29, Praha – Libeň
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Cell phone, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Dog-friendly office
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, Data scientist, Data analyst
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Non-profit organization
Also suitable for refugees from Ukraine
604 695 515