Mezinárodní hotelová síť Barceló Hotel Group hledá kandidáta/tku na pozici Event Manager.
The international hotel chain Barceló Hotel Group is looking for a suitable candidate for the position of Event Manager for its 4* hotel Occidental Prague 4.
A Meeting and Events (M&E) Manager will maximize revenue opportunities in the areas of meetings and events by driving sales leads and increasing conversions.
What will I be doing?
- As Meeting and Events (M&E) Manager, you will maximize revenue opportunities in the areas of meetings and events by driving sales leads and increasing conversions. The Meeting and Events Manager will interact frequently with guests and customers with the intention of earning repeat and expanded business. Specifically, a Meeting and Events (M&E) Manager will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Receive and convert incoming enquiries to achieve targets and maximize revenue
- Manage an events schedule to maximize yield
- Focus on a consistently executed up-selling approach
- Build strong relationships with customers to fully understand their needs
- Arrange and carry out hotel show rounds
- Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events
- Participate in hotel promotional activities
- Organizes the set-up of the whole event/stay with the customer in details, informs the client about all necessary deadlines to follow and points out all missing details (rooming list, FB requirements, deposits etc.), communicates about the client requirements with all hotel departments
- Creates function sheets and communicates them during the weekly operational meetings
What are we looking for?
A Meeting and Events (M&E) Manager serving Barcelo’ brands is always working on behalf of our guests and working with other team members. We are looking for people engaged, committed with a creative, open mindset and strong sense for responsibility. We are looking for people who have great spirit of service and attitude. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
• Good organizational and administration skills
• Fluent in written & spoken Czech and English, another language is an advantage
• Positive attitude and good communication skills
• Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
• Confident telephone manner
• Excellent grooming standards
• Flexibility, very good time management
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of the hotel property management systems (Opera).
- Demonstrate previous experience working in hotel events sector.
- Qualification, degree, or certification in a relevant field.
What we offer:
- The possibility of using accommodation in Barcelo hotels around the world with special employee discounts and VIP treatment.
- Experience what it's like to be a guest in your own city with a free overnight stay and a dinner for 2.
- Trainings organized in the hotel to improve your skills and free languages lessons (Spanish, English, Czech and German) available in the hotel.
- International work experience with the opportunity to build a career also outside Czech Republic.
- Multisport card contribution.
- Benefity card (cafeteria benefit system)
- Special promo code and benefit with international bank entity (after prohibition period).
- Staff canteen with free food during your work days.
- Possibility to use dry cleaning services for personal clothes at reduced special price.
- Work laptop and phone.
Information about position
- Barceló Hotel Group CZ
- Na strži 1660/32, Praha – Krč
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: Czech (Proficient), English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Discount on company products / services, Educational courses, training, Refreshments on workplace
- Listed in: Tourism and accommodation
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
+420 727 952 135