Become a part of the worldwide movement Doctors without borders! The humanitarian and medical organisation, Doctors without borders, opened a Shared IT Service (SITS) centre in Prague in 2019. This centre provides IT support to all interested parties around the world – people sent to missions, operating centres, sections and branch offices.
Azure Infrastructure Manager is in charge of all the necessary elements that support the systems and tools running in MSF SITS as well as its clients within MSF with high focus on Azure cloud tools and services. This role is also responsible for ensuring that the systems and devices are running efficiently, are secured and up-to-date, and are consistently monitored and managed.
This position reports to the Head of Technology.
- Work closely with application owner, end-users, operations, and security leaders to ensure requirements are captured in the architecture design
- Implement Azure IaaS and PaaS technologies and services: Azure VMs, Azure Storage, VNET’s, Resource Manager, Azure Backup, App Services, Azure Active Directory, Azure Virtual Desktop and Azure Data services
- Work directly with customers, migration partners and team members (DevOps engineers and developers) to determine soft dependencies, identify best methods of migration (manual and automated) and define cloud services, architecture, and environments for hosting business applications.
- Participate in providing technology assessments in support of automation and technology migration initiatives
- Deep Knowledge of Infrastructure Automation and DevOps practices
- Recommend cloud resource utilization and optimization based on monitored analytics reports on cloud consumption rates, trends, impact areas, and trouble areas
- Utilize strong written and oral communications skills to translate architecture solution to customers and business owners
- Perform a combination of routine, multiple and varying assignments under the general direction of the PM
- Support incident management process
- Candidate will lead analysis, recommendations, and presentation of approaches to MSF sections complex problems based on prior experience and researches
- Proficiency in Azure IaaS and PaaS technologies and services: Azure VMs, Azure Storage, VNET’s, Resource Manager, Azure SQL, Azure Backup, Traffic Manager, Cloud & App Services, Azure Active Directory
- Proficiency in Windows operating system and storage technologies
- Good understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
- Expertise translating business requirements / problems into technical architectures utilizing Azure and complementary technologies
- Experience in providing Azure advisory including assessments, presenting recommendations on Azure migration roadmaps, architecture / designs etc.
- Experience in use of automation tools: Bash, Powershell, Git, Azure DevOps, Terraform, Ansible.
- Experience in conducting Azure PoCs, deployment and migration of various workloads to Azure services from traditional infrastructure or other Clouds
- Experience in deployment and migration of various workloads to Azure
- Collaborate with internal functional and technical teams to ensure Azure based solutions are appropriately architected, engineered, tested, & deployed
- Analytical skills
- Bachelors degree or higher in Information Technology stream
- At least 4 years’ experience as Azure Administrator/Architect
- Experience in building deployment templates using Terraform or similar tools
- English language (both verbal & written)
- Ability to work unsupervised and in remote work setup
- Good communicator with ability to explain technical issues to non-technical audience
- Work permit in the Czech Republic
What we can offer you
- Interesting professional and personal challenge
- Rewarding and meaningful work in a young, dynamic, and rapidly growing truly international organization
- Full flexibility and ownership/accountability
- 25 days of holiday per year; 6 sick days per year
- Flexible working hours, working from home
- Possibility to receive the 13th salary (after probation period)
- Meal vouchers
- Cafeteria / Pension scheme
- MultiSport card
- Language courses
- Nominal financial contribution for employees with children
- Relocation package for former MSF field employees who change their regular domicile location in order to work in MSF SITS Prague office
- Possibility to go for a "sabbatical leave“ / mission, once per 3 years
- Free refreshment at the workplace
- Dog/baby friendly office, etc.
- Team buildings / family days
Who we are
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and healthcare exclusion. MSF offers assistance to people in need and irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation. MSF’s actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence, and neutrality. Over 90% of the organization’s funding comes from individual private donors giving small amounts.
The organisation was founded in 1971 in France by a group of doctors and journalists in the wake of war and famine in Biafra, Nigeria. Their aim was to establish an independent organization that focuses on delivering emergency medicine aid quickly, effectively and impartially. Three hundred volunteers made up the organization when it was founded: doctors, nurses and other staff, including the 13 founding doctors and journalists.
Today, MSF is a worldwide movement of more than 65,000 people working in 21 sections, 12 branch offices, 5 Operational Centres and three supply centres worldwide. There are as many IT departments as sections, and together they support more than 32,000 system users spread over MSF offices and missions across the globe. To gain in efficiency and improve end-user experience, MSF has built its own Shared IT Services (SITS) Centre in Prague.
Informace o pozici
- MSF Shared IT Services, z.s.
- Zenklova 2245/29, Praha – Libeň
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Cell phone, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Dog-friendly office
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development, IT Manager, Operating system and network administrator
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Non-profit organization
Also suitable for refugees from Ukraine
+420 704 600 192