Economist/research fellow/associate on sustainable finance
The International Sustainable Finance Centre (ISFC - www.isfc.org) is looking to hire 2-4 Research Fellows/Associates of different seniority levels to work on sustainable finance projects with the following focus
1) Financial and policy analysis of industrial decarbonisation (project: www.v4decarb.org). The project involves examining the most promising policy tweaks to support industry decarbonisation efforts and their financing, including R&D and innovation. In addition, the analysis will need to look into the current financing arrangements for the industrial sector.
2) ESG reporting: analysis of standards, indicators, and frameworks and work on ESG indicator development and integration, exploring the indicators and approaches that can prevent greenwashing and improve focus on impact.
3) Analysis on the best strategies for achieving net zero for businesses and/ or the financial sector (banking in particular).
4) Work on the EU sustainable finance agenda regulation analysis and application guidance (regulation in practice): Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) and the Corporate Sustainability Disclosure Reporting Directive (CSRD).
We are looking for experts or professionals who would like to work part-time or full time, or on ad hoc basis (producing and authoring specific outputs: briefings, analytical papers, chapter of reports, reports, etc.). We offer considerable flexibility when it comes to the exact working arrangements.
ISFC is a research, learning and convening think tank, which operates across Central and Eastern Europe as well as the rest of the EU, and also has global projects. In order to create and maintain its reputation, ISFC is strictly apolitical and focused on providing evidence-based solutions and recommendations.
ISFC's overarching aim is to inform national, regional and global debates on sustainable finance and low carbon growth, and to inspire and support stakeholders to create new initiatives. The Centre undertakes rigorous research and publishes targeted solutions outlining how Central Europe and the EU can best take advantage of the EU Green Deal and its post-COVID-19 recovery packages to finance its transition to low-carbon economic growth.
We are a small but growing team, which values integrity, good humour, and a sharp mind. The Centre started its operations in September 2020 and its offices are located at the recently launched Sustainability Hub Prague.
We are looking for a team member who is happy to work independently and have some agency, and who is keen to establish her or his credentials in sustainable finance.
At a time when countries are working to tackle inflation and the growing cost of living crisis caused in part by the war in Ukraine, ISFC wants to ensure that sustainability remains on the policy agenda and in public debate. The Centre strives to bring some of the world's cutting-edge thinking and thought leadership on sustainable finance to the region.
The Research Fellow's/ Associate’s responsibilities would include the following (list not exhaustive)
- To carry out research and analysis on one of the topics mentioned under WORK FOCUS
- To analyse data and financial instruments
- To find and evaluate relevant documents and regulation
- To carry out assigned research tasks and to scrutinise financing mechanisms and their efficiency
- To examine and scrutinise ESG reporting frameworks and practices, and to offer recommendations for improvement
- To engage with a wide variety of stakeholders as part of consultation processes and research interviews
- To help design and prepare online and in-person events on relevant topics (optional)
- To contribute to larger reports, while meeting set deadlines
- To write blog posts and shorter briefs if required or of interest, including opinion pieces for the media
- To work as a member of a tight knit & friendly team, under the guidance of the COO, CEO or CFO.
A Master’s Degree minimum, or a PhD (can be a degree in progress) in Economics / Econometrics / Finance / Banking, or related.
A minimum of Bachelor’s degree with at least 3-5 years' of working experience in a relevant discipline.
Fluency in English AND one of the region's languages: Slovak, Polish, Hungarian or Czech (proficiency in more than one of these languages will be considered an advantage).
Skills: analytical & problem-solving mindset, interpersonal communication, resource, and time management.
Previous research experience is seen as essential. Published output (whether in-house or public) is optional but will be seen as an advantage.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are flexible on the work contract/ arrangement. We can pay a very competitive salary or an honorarium for set output. Monthly or or staged payments under ICO are also possible. Full time or part-time employment contract is also possible.
- Flexible working arrangements and career progression opportunities.
- Ongoing professional support, including career mentoring.
- Access to a wide range of events and networking opportunities, including an opportunity to build one's own professional profile and network.
- An international and open-minded team & working environment - offices at the Sustainability Hub in Prague.
- Involvement in some of the most important EU and region-wide debates on sustainable finance, sustainability, and green growth, with the opportunity to develop a public profile.
To apply, please apply with both a CV and a one-page page (max) cover letter with a short explanation why you'd like to work with us.
We accept applications on an on-going basis.
We will strive to respond to all applications. In case of a large quantity of applications, we will not be able to provide individual feedback.
The ISFC is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community and background.
Informace o pozici
- International Sustainable Finance Centre, z.ú.
- Vinohradská 2577/178, Praha – Vinohrady
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Salary: 2 000 – 4 000 EUR / month
- Benefits: Flexible start/end of working hours, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Occasional work from home, Individual schedules of working hours, Corporate/personal coach
- Listed in: Economics and Business Finance, Economist, Financial analyst, Lecturer, Consultant, Financial specialist, Reporting specialist
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work, part-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract, contract under Trade Certificate / Identification No., other
- Employer type: Non-profit organization