Become a part of the worldwide movement Doctors without borders! The humanitarian and medical organisation, Doctors without borders, opened a Shared IT Service (SITS) centre in Prague in 2019. This centre provides IT support to all interested parties around the world – people sent to missions, operating centres, sections and branch offices.
You have a unique opportunity to be a part of this implementation journey. As an Infrastructure Specialist you will oversee all the necessary elements that support the systems and tools running in MSF SITS as well as its clients within MSF with focus on implementation and management, monitoring, and hosting tools in Microsoft Azure environment. You will be responsible for ensuring that the systems and devices are running efficiently, are secured and up-to-date, and are consistently monitored and managed.
This position reports to the Head of Cloud and Projects.
- Design and Implement Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline from source to test and live production of Azure cloud services and architectural components of our platform by collaborating within MSF SITS and across different MSF organizations
- Design and implement IaaS and PaaS base infrastructure
- Provide administration and support, ensure standard practices, install/configure/customize applications like Virtual Machines, Web Apps, Application Gateway, APIM etc
- Understand DevOps practices, automate infrastructure activities
- Collaboration on cloud services, systems, and devices management strategy for MSF SITS
- Document the standards and procedures, monitor and troubleshoot issues, and evaluate new technologies and provide proof-of-concept
- Close collaboration with the enterprise and infrastructure architects, support, and the IT security teams
- Learn to use and support Microsoft cloud management and monitoring tools to support existing systems such as Intune, Azure management, and other tools as necessary
- Participate in infrastructure related projects in partner sections and provide advisory services
- 4+ years of experience in IT infrastructure management, server administration, or similar
- University level education in a related field
- Perfect command of English language
- Experience in an international organization environment is a big plus
- Experience in a heavily decentralized environment preferred
- Able to work completely independently
- Able to fully manage and own the full scope of the role
- Acceptance of full responsibility for the results
- Able to personally and confidently represent and promote MSF SITS strategy
- Able to effectively judge a given situation and various stakeholder interests
- Able to occasionally travel internationally
- Able to work in an international and diverse work environment
- Work permit in the Czech Republic
What we can offer you
- Interesting professional and personal challenge
- Rewarding and meaningful work in a young, dynamic, and rapidly growing truly international organization
- Full flexibility and ownership/accountability
- 25 days of holiday per year; 6 sick days per year
- Flexible working hours, working from home
- Possibility to receive the 13th salary (after probation period)
- Meal vouchers
- Cafeteria / Pension scheme
- MultiSport card
- Language courses
- Nominal financial contribution for employees with children
- Relocation package for former MSF field employees who change their regular domicile location in order to work in MSF SITS Prague office
- Possibility to go for a "sabbatical leave“ / mission, once per 3 years
- Free refreshment at the workplace
- Dog/baby friendly office, etc.
- Team buildings / family days
Who we are
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and healthcare exclusion. MSF offers assistance to people in need and irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation. MSF’s actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence, and neutrality. Over 90% of the organization’s funding comes from individual private donors giving small amounts.
The organisation was founded in 1971 in France by a group of doctors and journalists in the wake of war and famine in Biafra, Nigeria. Their aim was to establish an independent organization that focuses on delivering emergency medicine aid quickly, effectively and impartially. Three hundred volunteers made up the organization when it was founded: doctors, nurses and other staff, including the 13 founding doctors and journalists.
Today, MSF is a worldwide movement of more than 65,000 people working in 21 sections, 12 branch offices, 5 Operational Centres and three supply centres worldwide. There are as many IT departments as sections, and together they support more than 32,000 system users spread over MSF offices and missions across the globe. To gain in efficiency and improve end-user experience, MSF has built its own Shared IT Services (SITS) Centre in Prague.
Informace o pozici
- MSF Shared IT Services, z.s.
- Zenklova 2245/29, Praha – Libeň
- Required education: Education is not important
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Cell phone, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Dog-friendly office
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, Operating system and network administrator
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Non-profit organization
Also suitable for refugees from Ukraine
+420 704 600 192