The Veeam® team invites you to work together on Veeam’s products in a modern and friendly environment in Prague.
We create software products for data protection, management, backup and recovery. Our solutions help banks and manufacturers, hotels and hospitals, airports and air companies to keep their data protected and always available. To name a few, Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Gatwick Airport, Telefonica Germany, Telecom Italia, Porsche Informatik, L’Oréal Denmark, Volvo Car BeLux are using Veeam products.
Overall, we have 450,000+ customers around the globe.
We provide solutions for Microsoft Azure and Office 365, Amazon and Google public clouds. We help to protect Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL, Oracle and PostgreSQL servers and databases. We support VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V and Nutanix virtualization platforms, Windows and Linux operating systems.
We leverage cutting-edge technologies to develop the most simple, flexible, reliable and powerful solutions in the industry. These challenging tasks are addressed by 4,500+ employees in 35+ offices over the world.
Senior C++ Developer (macOS)
Now we are looking for a C++ Developer to join the team that works on the Veeam Agent for Mac. The Veeam Agent for Mac (VAM) team is responsible for implementing backup and restore solutions for data stored on Macs.
Your tasks will include:
You will drive the realization of new features and adapt existing ones from Windows and Linux to macOS. This position offers the opportunity to become a macOS expert from scratch, even if you don’t have any experience with this operating system. You will participate in the implementation and improvement of components such as auto-updater, the internal RESTful API, the user interface and many others.
Technologies we work with:
C++ 17 (STL, boost), macOS, Objective-C++ 2.0, CMake, filesystems and multithreading
What we expect from you:
- 3+ years of experience with commercial development
- Strong knowledge of C++ and the STL
- Experience with any Unix-based operating system
- Experience in developing multithread applications
- Familiarity with the KISS and YAGNI principles, and with software design patterns
- The ability to produce reliable, efficient and readable code, choosing solutions of appropriate complexity
- A willingness to adopt current coding conventions and workflows while not being afraid to suggest improvements
Will be an advantage:
- A familiarity with the Boost libraries
- Knowledge of Objective-C++
- Experience with developing software for macOS
- Excellent professional and career opportunities in the international team of talented and energetic people
- Competitive salary and regular pay rises, welcome bonus in the amount of 2 monthly gross salaries
- Generous benefits package from the very first day of your employment including: premium healthcare program for you and your children, sick days, additional payments for sick leave, meal tickets, MultiSport card, public transport pass, cell phone contract
- Cafeteria Benefit Plan – an additional annual budget that you can spend on a variety of benefits such as travel, sport, wellness, education and many more
- Flexible working hours, no bureaucracy or formalism
- Professional trainings and education, including courses and conferences, English & Czech classes, internal meetups and unlimited access to online library
- Work permit assistance
- Relocation package for non-Prague candidates: a one-time additional salary payment
Please note: If the applicant is permanently present outside of the Czech Republic, Veeam reserves the right to refuse to consider the application for a job. Remote job is only possible in case the employee is located in the Czech Republic.
Informace o pozici
- Veeam Software (Czech Republic) s.r.o.
- Praha – Karlín
- Required education: Education is not important
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development, Research and development, C++ developer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer