Become a part of the worldwide movement Doctors without borders! The humanitarian and medical organisation, Doctors without borders, opened a new Shared IT Service (SITS) centre in Prague in 2019. This centre provides IT support to all interested parties around the world – people sent to missions, operating centres, sections and branch offices.
Ensure all Azure Infrastructure and M365 cloud services in scope are operating at an optimum performance and cost. Ensure the L2 and L3 teams deliver and collaborate according to their defined KPIs. Collaborate across teams within SITS as well as the MSF wide IT community. The workload is split to 70% team lead and 30% technical work.
This position reports to the Head of Cloud and Projects.
People management and Leadership:
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the team
- Monitoring and supervising the L2 and L3
- Motivating, supporting, inspiring, and mentoring the team
- On-boarding of new team members
- Providing feedback to team members
- Delegating tasks to team members
- Empowering team members to improve their confidence and skills
- Participating on performance review
- Providing technical consultancy to team members
- Liaise and collaborate with other team leads to ensure inter department collaboration, direction and performances are in line with overall MSF SITS expectations and strategy
- Build and own the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all cloud services in scope
- Ensure all the SOP’s are shared, understood and adhered to by all technical resources within MSF SITS and beyond where applicable
- Act as a technical consultant and advisor to Head of Cloud and Projects and other senior leadership
- Collaborating on a cloud services, systems, and devices management strategy for SITS
- Collaborating closely with the enterprise and infrastructure architects, support, and the IT security teams
- Participating in Azure related projects in partner sections and providing advisory services
- Providing L3 support to the Microsoft tools related to infrastructure
- Managing MSF M365 services and tools
- Providing trouble resolution on complex problems and developing root cause analysis activities that resolve significant system issues – highest escalation point
- Participating in the design of the M365 enterprise architecture
- Reviewing the technical and project documentation
3+ year experience in a similar role
- Bc degree or higher in IT science
- A strong team player
- Confidence and skillful negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Azure IaaS and PaaS technologies and services: Azure VMs, Azure Storage, VNET’s Resource Manager, Azure SQL, Azure Backup, Traffic Manager, Cloud & App Services, Azure Active Directory
- Proficiency in Windows operating system and storage technologies
- Good understanding of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience planning, implementing, and supporting Office 365 solutions
- Experience with additional Azure and Microsoft 365 features, such as SSO integration with SaaS applications, MFA, Conditional Access, and Azure SQL
What we can offer you
- Interesting professional and personal challenge
- Rewarding and meaningful work in a young, dynamic, and rapidly growing truly international organization
- Full flexibility and ownership/accountability
- 25 days of holiday per year; 6 sick days per year
- Flexible working hours, working from home
- Possibility to receive the 13th salary (after probation period)
- Meal vouchers
- Cafeteria / Pension scheme
- MultiSport card
- Language courses
- Nominal financial contribution for employees with children
- Relocation package for former MSF field employees who change their regular domicile location in order to work in MSF SITS Prague office
- Possibility to go for a "sabbatical leave“ / mission, once per 3 years
- Free refreshment at the workplace
- Dog/baby friendly office, etc.
- Team buildings / family days
Who we are
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and healthcare exclusion. MSF offers assistance to people in need and irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation. MSF’s actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence, and neutrality. Over 90% of the organization’s funding comes from individual private donors giving small amounts.
The organisation was founded in 1971 in France by a group of doctors and journalists in the wake of war and famine in Biafra, Nigeria. Their aim was to establish an independent organization that focuses on delivering emergency medicine aid quickly, effectively and impartially. Three hundred volunteers made up the organization when it was founded: doctors, nurses and other staff, including the 13 founding doctors and journalists.
Today, MSF is a worldwide movement of more than 65,000 people working in 21 sections, 12 branch offices, 5 Operational Centres and three supply centres worldwide. There are as many IT departments as sections, and together they support more than 32,000 system users spread over MSF offices and missions across the globe. To gain in efficiency and improve end-user experience, MSF has built its own Shared IT Services (SITS) Centre in Prague.
Informace o pozici
- MSF Shared IT Services, z.s.
- Zenklova 2245/29, Praha – Libeň
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Cell phone, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Dog-friendly office, Children-friendly office
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IT Manager
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Non-profit organization
Also suitable for refugees from Ukraine
604 695 515