Become a part of the worldwide movement Doctors without borders! The humanitarian and medical organisation, Doctors without borders, opened a new Shared IT Service (SITS) centre in Prague in 2019. This centre provides IT support to all interested parties around the world – people sent to missions, operating centres, sections and branch offices.
Under the responsibility of the Head of Support and Development, UniField, the BI Specialist is responsible for the design, development, implementation, management and support of BI reporting and Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes and environments.
- Business Analysis to gather and document business requirements for data analysis and reporting projects
- Translate business requirements into specifications to develop and maintain BI solutions
- Providing reports, dashboards, KPIs and business performance metrics through office applications to improve business processes
- Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of enterprise data and BI environments for both external and internal users
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines, and repeatable processes
- Maintain IT system documentation
- University degree (engineering school) in computer science, information technology or related field
- 2+ years experience implementing enterprise-scale reporting systems
- Strong knowledge of BI tools (Power BI and DAX a plus)
- Good knowledge of ETL tools
- Good knowledge of SQL programming language and RDBMS system (PostgreSQL a advantage)
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills are required to support working in project environments that includes internal, external and customer teams
- Requires strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Programming / scripting experience and knowledge of software development life cycle is an advantage
- Fluent in English
- Fluent French is an advantage
What we can offer you
- Interesting professional and personal challenge
- Rewarding and meaningful work in a young, dynamic, and rapidly growing truly international organization
- Full flexibility and ownership/accountability
- 25 days of holiday per year; 6 sick days per year
- Flexible working hours, working from home
- Possibility to receive the 13th salary (after probation period)
- Meal vouchers
- Cafeteria / Pension scheme
- MultiSport card
- Language courses
- Nominal financial contribution for employees with children
- Relocation package for former MSF field employees who change their regular domicile location in order to work in MSF SITS Prague office
- Possibility to go for a "sabbatical leave“ / mission, once per 3 years
- Free refreshment at the workplace
- Dog/baby friendly office, etc.
- Team buildings / family days
Who we are
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and healthcare exclusion. MSF offers assistance to people in need and irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation. MSF’s actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence, and neutrality. Over 90% of the organization’s funding comes from individual private donors giving small amounts.
The organisation was founded in 1971 in France by a group of doctors and journalists in the wake of war and famine in Biafra, Nigeria. Their aim was to establish an independent organization that focuses on delivering emergency medicine aid quickly, effectively and impartially. Three hundred volunteers made up the organization when it was founded: doctors, nurses and other staff, including the 13 founding doctors and journalists.
Today, MSF is a worldwide movement of more than 65,000 people working in 21 sections, 12 branch offices, 5 Operational Centres and three supply centres worldwide. There are as many IT departments as sections, and together they support more than 32,000 system users spread over MSF offices and missions across the globe. To gain in efficiency and improve end-user experience, MSF has built its own Shared IT Services (SITS) Centre in Prague.
Informace o pozici
- MSF Shared IT Services, z.s.
- Zenklova 2245/29, Praha – Libeň
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Cafeteria, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Dog-friendly office, Children-friendly office
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Programmer, Database specialist
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Non-profit organization
Also suitable for refugees from Ukraine
604 695 515