The Psychological Counselor is a member of AAU community who provides counseling services to students, faculty and staff throughout the year with the exception of August. The counseling is provided in English. The cooperation with AAU is based on external contract (Živnostenský list).
The Psychological Counselor reports to the Dean of Students.
- Help students identify their strengths and weaknesses, learning style, values, and motivation
- Address concerns about students´/staff/faculty concentration, productivity, time management, and social interactions
- Provide support in planning one´s personal development
- Offer counseling for mental health concerns, such as transitional and adjustment issues, issues interfering with study/work or relationships, crisis management, stress, anxiety, depression or grief, at-risk behaviors with food, alcohol and/or other substances, sexual concerns, etc.
- Refer a client to other external services if necessary
- Ensure that personal data protection and confidentiality are guaranteed
- Conduct various educational/support workshops for students, staff and faculty
- Twice a year conduct general wellness session for students during new student orientation days.
- Excellent English
- Friendly demeanor and a student-focused approach
- Superior organization and communication skills
- Knowledge of university environment is an advantage
- Degree level – M.A. in Psychology
- At least 2 years of counseling experience.
- Work at a prestigious university in an inspiring palace under Prague Castle
- Multicultural, international environment
- Friendly staff and colleagues
- Competitive remuneration.
- Part time external contract for approximately 10 hrs. a week (lower in summer months)
- Contract till the end of academic year 2021/2022 with an option of renewal and increasing of hours from upcoming academic year. If there is interest to extend, increased amount of hours per week can be discussed (upon demand) from the next Academic year 2022/2023.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a Cover Letter, including one reference contact, to the HR Specialist - Lucie Kacovská via email.
The reviews of the applications and interviews will start after February 10, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled. It is expected that the selected candidate will assume the position from April 2022 or upon agreement.
For more information about the University, visit the website of Anglo-American University.
Informace o pozici
- Anglo-americká vysoká škola, z.ú.
- Letenská 120/5, Praha – Malá Strana
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Sales commission, Discount on company products / services, Flexible start/end of working hours, Educational courses, training, Occasional work from home, Individual schedules of working hours
- Listed in: Services, Training and education, Health and social care, Psychologist
- Employment form
- Employment form: Part-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: contract under Trade Certificate / Identification No.
- Employer type: Employer