ISFC (www.isfc.org) is looking to hire 2-3 Research Fellows to work on sustainable finance projects with the following focus: industry decarbonisation, green and transition bonds, and sustainable investing. Additional topics might emerge or be considered.
We are a small but growing team, which values integrity and accountability. The Center started its operations in September 2020 and is thus in the early stages of its development. This means that we are looking for a team member who is happy to have some agency, is able to work independently and is keen to establish her / his credentials in sustainable finance.
ISFC is a research and learning think tank, and in order to create and maintain its reputation, ISFC is strictly apolitical and focused on providing evidence-based solutions and recommendations.
ISFC's overarching aim is to inform national and regional debate on sustainable finance and low carbon growth, and to inspire and support stakeholders to create new initiatives. The Center undertakes rigorous research and publish targeted solutions outlining how Central Europe can best take advantage of the EU Green Deal and its post-COVID-19 recovery packages to finance its transition to low-carbon economic growth. At a time when countries are working to tackle the COVID-19 fallout, ISFC wants to ensure that sustainability remains on the policy agenda and in public debate. The Center strives to bring some of the world's cutting-edge thinking and thought leadership on sustainable finance to the region.
The Research Fellow's responsibilities will include the following:
- To help with the research on EU financing mechanisms and their use in Central European countries in particular;
- To analyze data and financial instruments;
- To find and evaluate relevant documents and regulations;
- To carry out assigned research tasks and to scrutinize financing mechanisms and their efficiency;
- To engage with a wide variety of stakeholders as part of consultation processes and research interviews;
- To help design and prepare online and in-person events on relevant topics;
- To contribute to a larger report, while meeting set deadlines;
- To write blog posts and shorter briefs if required or of interest, including opinion pieces for the media;
- To work as a member of a tight-knit & friendly team.
Masters Degree or PhD (can be a degree in progress) in Economics / Econometrics / Finance / Banking, or related.
A Bachelors degree or work experience in a relevant discipline.
Fluency in English AND one of the region's languages: Slovak, Polish, Hungarian or Czech (proficiency in more than one of these languages will be considered an advantage).
Skills: analytical & problem-solving mindset, interpersonal communication, resource and time management.
Previous research experience is seen as essential, with at least some published output.
WHAT WE OFFER
Remuneration: Competitive (monthly payments) or honorarium
Flexible working arrangements and career progression opportunities.
Ongoing professional support, including career mentoring.
Access to a wide range of events and networking opportunities, including an opportunity to build one's own professional profile and network.
An international and open-minded team & working environment.
Involvement in some of the most important EU and region-wide debates on sustainable finance, sustainability and green growth, with the opportunity to develop a public profile.
To apply, please apply with a CV and a one page page cover letter with a short explanation why you'd like to work with us.
We accept applications on an on-going basis.
We will strive to respond to all applications. In case of a large quantity of applications, we will not be able to provide individual feedback.
The ISFC is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community and background.
Informace o pozici
- International Sustainable Finance Centre, z.ú.
- Staroměstské náměstí 4/1, Praha – Staré Město
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Proficient), Czech (Proficient)
- Listed in: Banking industry and financial services, Economics and Business Finance, Research and development, Economist, Financial analyst, Project Manager, Research worker, researcher
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work, part-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract, contract under Trade Certificate / Identification No., agreement on working activities (DPČ)
- Employer type: Employer
Also suitable for graduates.