Are you looking for a job that is both fulfilling and impactful? Would you like to contribute to long-term projects that are both practical and innovative? Do you want the space to realise your own ideas while working as part of an international team based in the center of Prague?
Consider a position at Semantic Visions!
Our mission is to help governments, companies and organisations across the globe identify risks and fight disinformation. Semantic Visions is a socially responsible software analytics company with offices in Prague and London. We run world-class technology that collects and analyses 90% of the world’s online new content. Our services are used by more than 250 large international companies.
We offer customers an exceptional view into world events, enabling them to quickly distinguish critical signals from irrelevant noise and take decisive action.
We are looking for experienced developers to help us scale our services in addition to programming. There will be interesting challenges in a wide variety of projects ranging from web crawling, NLP issues to robust ETL pipelines.
What you’ll be doing
- Analysis of requirements and preparation of functional and technical designs
- Collaboration with architects and users at all stages of software development
- Development and maintenance of backend system mainly in Java (openJDK)
- Working within a development framework, using existing components and practices
- Ensuring the quality of the developed solutions by using appropriate testing methods
- Collaboration on documentation development
The knowledge and skills you’ll need
- Education in IT or related technical field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software development in JAVA
- Basic knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with automated testing, containerization, CI/CD technologies
- Good communication skills
- A high level of professionalism
- The ability to work as a member of a team
You’ll stand out by having knowledge of and experience with
- Knowledge of working with JIRA, GitHub
- Experience with Linux Shell scripting
- Knowledge of cloud services (GCP)
- Knowledge of Linux OS
- Knowledge of Python
- Overview of Machine Learning and NLP technologies
What we offer
- A newly renovated office space in the center of Prague’s Old Town that is easily accessible by public transport
- An inspiring working environment and colleagues from around the world
- The chance to work with a range of new technologies
- Cutting edge technology for data collection and semantic analysis
- Opportunities for personal growth and training
- The space and opportunity to realise your own ideas
- A highly professional, but friendly atmosphere
- Exposure to international customers and companies
Informace o pozici
- Semantic Visions, s.r.o.
- Žatecká 55/14, Praha – Josefov
- Required education: College
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Notebook, Flexible start/end of working hours, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer