Avast Software, a FTSE 100 is a leader in cybersecurity products for consumers and businesses. As one of the largest security companies in the world, it uses next-gen technologies to fight cyber-attacks in real time. The company differs from other next-gen companies in that it has an immense cloud-based machine learning engine that receives a constant stream of data from more than 400 million users, which facilitates learning at unprecedented speeds and makes the artificial intelligence engine smarter and faster than anyone else’s.
Junior PHP Developer
We are a team responsible for developing and running Avast Pricing API and Portal. Pricing Portal is an application that provides pricing configurations (prices, discounts, cart configurations) to many Avast services and includes many integrations with our external partners. We manage millions of requests to generate a price. If you are a PHP Developer who pays attention to clean code and SOLID principles, you could help us with building new features as well as refactoring parts of the system.
What we use:
We primarily use PHP 7.4/8, Nette framework with some components from Symfony, MariaDB, Redis, Memcached, RabbitMQ.
All our applications are containerized in Docker, running in the Kubernetes cluster. Code versioned in GitHub, CI/CD in TeamCity.
You will need:
- Good knowledge of PHP
- Knowledge of some MVC frameworks (we use primarily Nette, Symfony)
- Knowledge of SQL (MySQL/MariaDB or PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of code testing (phpunit)
- Tech-debate-level English speaking skills
Good to know (but we can teach you):
- RESTful services
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Jira, Confluence
- Experience with working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban)
We are offering:
- An amazing and truly international work environment
- The chance to join a major global tech company
- Many opportunities for professional growth
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Attractive pension & health insurance plan
- Training and conferences
- Unlimited Personal Time Off - because each of us needs enough time to relax
- Whole-life flexibility - we empower our people to choose where, when, and how they work
Sounds exciting? We look forward to hearing from you.
Avast does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team, even in a situation when the relevant candidate is employed by Avast.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Information about position
- AVAST Software s.r.o.
- Pikrtova 1737/1a, Praha – Nusle
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: Czech (Pre-intermediate), English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Corporate events, Individual schedules of working hours, Foreign business trips, International conferences, Corporate/personal coach, Individual budget for personal growth
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, PHP developer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer