Advanced Filtration Systems (AFSI) was established in 1986 by the corporations Caterpillar and Donaldson as joint-venture supplying oil, fuel and hydraulic filters for Caterpillar. At present AFSI produces 1,400,000 filters a month in its American plant is at the peak of its current capacities. The company has a turnover of 100 million American dollars a year. According the production capacity of AFSI in the USA company is expanding with the production to the Czech Republic. New plant is place in the industrial zone JOSEPH in Havran by Most. From 2009, the plant has supplyed Caterpillar’s distribution network in Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia.
SUPPLIER DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
AFSI EUROPE IS LOOKING FOR A NEW TEAM MEMBER!
Supplier Development Engineer Acts as a key liaison between AFSI and its suppliers. Directs a strategy designed to align suppliers’ performance with AFSI KPIs in quality, cost, and delivery. Develops solutions to improve underperforming suppliers. Leads supplier engagement efforts. Supports onboarding efforts of new suppliers and products. Leads supplier capacity management & supplier tooling management programs.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Leads supplier engagement efforts to help suppliers understand and meet the needs of AFSI;
- Effective communicator and collaborator at all levels of supplier’s organization. Champions the needs of our company, getting buy-in from suppliers through effective relationship building,
- Tracks, interprets, and communicates supplier performance information for our company;
- Develops suppliers to help them consistently meet or exceed defined performance goals;
- Develops performance improvement strategies/solutions for suppliers that are not meeting defined performance goals;
- Assesses suppliers’ ability to meet performance requirements through evaluation audits, supplier reviews, etc;
- Manages supplier capacity and tooling. Analyzes data to ensure sufficient capacity/tooling to support our demand, while also effectively managing tooling expenses;
- Supports onboarding efforts of new suppliers and products to ensure seamless transitions for our operation;
- Supports New Product Introduction initiatives by sharing evaluative information to aid in supplier selection;
- Helps develop tools to communicate information more effectively between our company and our suppliers;
- Utilizes knowledge of current and developing manufacturing/engineering trends to assist in various situations;
- Able to identify issues where they exist within our supply base and internally, and use skills / multi-tasking ability to solve issues as needed;
- Effective leader with ability to communicate progress of initiatives at all levels of our organization;
- Undertakes personal, continuous training and development;
- Reports any accidents and potentially unsafe conditions or unsafe acts immediately to appropriate supervisor;
- Works in a safe manner, following all safety policies and procedures while keeping in mind other’s safety as well.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Requires a bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or related field and 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Use of advanced mathematics for analysis, design, and troubleshooting in their work. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Desired Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: APICS supply chain certifications (CPIM, CSCP), ISM supply chain certifications (CPSM), or related American Society for Quality (ASQ) certifications (Six Sigma, Quality professional/engineer/auditor) or related.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Technical knowledge of manufacturing processes. Able to interpret/read drawings, prints, and specifications. Experience with manufacturing standards such as ISO-9001, Six Sigma, and Lean manufacturing. Experience with process and product audits. Must be flexible to travel up to 35% of the time, domestically and internationally.
- Language skills: English (proficient).
Information about the vacancy:
- Working in a stable company;
- Pleasant friendly working environment;
- Full-time work (pernament);
- Possibility of self-realization;
- Motivating financial evaluation and benefits package;
- 5 weeks holiday;
- Transport allowance;
- Language courses;
- Systematic education;
- Open communication;
- Appropriate salary evaluation;
- Possibility of self-realization.
POKUD SE CHCETE AKTIVNĚ PODÍLET NA ROZVOJI NAŠÍ SPOLEČNOSTI, NEVÁHEJTE SE OZVAT A ZASLAT NÁM SVŮJ PROFESNÍ ŽIVOTOPIS.
Informace o pozici
- AFSI Europe s.r.o.
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events, 13th monthly salary, Opportunity to work up hours, Foreign business trips
- Listed in: Transport, logistics and supply, Purchaser, Supply Chain Specialist
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer