The Trade Council of Denmark in Prague is looking for a dedicated and dynamic commercial sector expert. The expert will be responsible for assisting Danish businesses within food and agro-technology with their activities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia in relation to projects within the EU Recovery Fund (ERF). The Danish government’s EU recovery plan sets some very specific targets for growth of Danish companies in Europe within this sector and aims to increase the competitiveness and profitability of Danish companies by assisting them expanding their European markets.
Your primary responsibility as sector expert will be to advise Danish companies about potential market propositions in CEE, especially projects related to the ERF, and how to initiate or optimise their business model & sales to primarily the Czech and Slovak markets on a consultancy basis. This will include both business development activities like partner searches and public affairs projects where a customer needs to interact with local or national public and political stakeholders. Furthermore, you will also take the lead on alliance building with Danish companies and trade organisations and get the opportunity to develop strategies and business in collaboration with the Danish companies.
In the position you will be working closely with TC CEE’s current senior commercial adviser within Food and Agriculture in Prague. The position is also part of our regional Food and Agriculture Team in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) with colleagues in Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Serbia and Ukraine as well as our global Strategic Sector Team on Food and Agriculture in The Trade Council with representation in all major Danish export markets around the world. Some travel activity must be expected.
- Experience with strategic food and agro-technology sale, either from a Sales Consultancy/Agency or from a position as Sales Manager from a company doing business development, in particular on “green agro-technology and digital solutions” in The Czech Republic is a requirement.
- Strong ability to identify commercial opportunities and develop and implement relevant export promotion activities with several years of international experience.
- A Master’s degree in business administration and/or other commercially oriented graduate degree.
- Experience with customer relations ensuring decisive value creation and customer satisfaction.
- Solid network with, and understanding of the food and agro-technology sector in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Ability to forge tight relations and trust in regards to sales and consultancy tasks
- Understanding of public sector dynamics in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Fluency in English and Czech or Slovak. Proficiency in Danish or other Central and Eastern European languages is not a requirement, but will be an advantage.
- Network and understanding within the Danish and other CEE countries’ Food and Agriculture sector is not a requirement, but an advantage.
We are looking for a candidate who is:
- Proactive, resourceful and a strong networker. You are always willing to lend a hand to colleagues and put in an extra effort to ensure a project’s success.
- A team-player who values a good working environment with a strong focus on cooperation.
- Result oriented with a talent for converting opportunities to specific projects
- Able to conduct sales both directly to customers and via partner organisations
- Ambitious, outgoing and has drive
- Feels comfortable in a flat organisation with a high degree of freedom as long as KPI’s are met.
You will be hired at The Trade Council in the Czech Republic and be part of the embassy staff reporting directly to the regional Food and Agricultural team leader also located in Prague. In your daily work, you will have close collaboration with the embassy’s existing colleague within Agriculture and Food as well as other team members in the CEE region. The job will require some traveling, especially within the Czech Republic and Slovakia (app. 30 days per year), but also travelling to Denmark in connection with sales or specific projects (app. 10 days per year) as well as the CEE region can occur. Amount of travel will depend on the concrete projects.
What we offer:
The Trade Council performs consultancy based internationalisation services and has a number of shared KPI’s, including value creation and activity targets. You will be employed as a local employee at the embassy with a temporary contract ending on 31.12.2023. Salary according to qualifications within a public organisation. Five weeks of paid annual leave and a flexible Danish working scheme.
We expect you to start 1 November 2021, or soon thereafter. Employment with the Embassy requires security clearance by the Danish Security and Intelligence Service.
We need your full application (cover letter and CV) by Thursday 16 September 2021 COB and expect to have the first round of interviews with shortlisted candidates in week 38.
How to apply:
Applications without a cover letter explaining your motivation will not be considered. For any questions regarding this position, please call Maja Søgaard Jepsen at +420 257 111 925
About the Embassy/Trade Council of Denmark:
The Embassy of Denmark in Prague is a dynamic workplace that represents Denmark’s political, commercial and cultural relationship with the Czech Republic as well as commercial relationship with Slovakia. We are approximately 15 employees at the embassy. The Trade Council is the governmental export and investment promotion organization under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark. The Trade Council in Central and Eastern Europe (TC CEE) is a regional integration of the commercial activities in Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Serbia and Ukraine as well as several associated markets. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark promotes equality and diversity. Therefore, all qualified and interested persons, regardless of age, sex, religion, ethnicity and sexual orientation, are invited to apply for the position. For further information visit https://thetradecouncil.dk/en, https://tjekkiet.um.dk/ and www.um.dk.
Informace o pozici
- Maltézské náměstí 475/5, Praha – Malá Strana
- Required education: University
- Required languages: Czech (Proficient), English (Proficient)
- Listed in: Food industry, Sales, Agriculture, forestry, and ecology, Project Manager, Regional Business Manager, Business Development Manager
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Maltézské náměstí 5, 118 01 Prague 1 – Malá Strana, Czech Republic
+420 257 111 925