SecureOps is a global Managed Security Services provider, a trusted party that becomes a cost effective extension of the IT Security team. SecureOps delivers not only 24/7 monitoring and incident handling but a broad spectrum of security services for IT as well as general users on the network. Thank you for your consideration.
L2 Network Security Analyst
SecureOps Location: Prague
This posting requires a valid work visa/permit for the EU zone. Please do not apply if you are not currently able to legally work inside the European Union.
Due to the current circumstances imposed by COVID-19, it is expected that some training and work might need to be done remotely using company assigned equipment.
Job Description: Level 2 Network Security Analyst
Reporting to the SOC Team Lead, the technical responsibilities of the Level 2 Network Security Analyst (NSA) can include advanced qualification of security events, in-depth investigations, incident handling, security research, as well as limited content development work.
In order to continually support the client mandate, some non-technical responsibilities of the L2 NSA role will be to provide input into existing processes and workflows as well as suggest future documentation needs. The L2 NSA is also expected to provide mentoring and guidance to L1 analysts in support of team growth and development.
The Level 2 Network Security Analyst works on 12-hour or 8-hour shifts. Shifts are scheduled between 6AM - 10PM Prague local time. No night shifts are expected.
- Qualify SIEM incidents reported by Level 1.
- Investigate beyond the depth and technical expertise expected of Level 1 NSA.
- Perform incident response and report findings to customers.
- Handle incident escalations from Level 1 NSA.
- Qualify and escalate security incidents to our customers based on the incident severity.
- Perform Security research to suggest SIEM use-cases and refine investigation methods.
- Suggest improvements to the current SIEM content
- Communicate directly with customers during meetings or escalations.
- Define or update processes and other documentation.
- Guide and mentor Level 1 Network Security Analysts.
- Quality Control (detections / tickets).
- Assist with training of Level 1 analysts.
- Intermediate knowledge of SIEM (i.e. Splunk) and/or IPS-related technologies is a mandatory skill.
- Strong analytical & technical skills. Ability to develop hypotheses for security events using limited, ambiguous or conflicting information.
- Ability to lead and communicate efficiently within a team environment.
- Good English skills (both written and verbal). CEF Level C1 or C2 is preferred.
- Professional certifications such as: CCNA, CEH, SANS GCIA or GCIH, eCTHP, eCDFP are bonus/plus
- Education: (Preferred) Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent.
- 1+ years working within the information security field, with emphasis on security operations, incident management, intrusion detection, and security event analysis.
- Knowledge of technical writing and documentation and the ability to map processes and procedures back to roles and responsibilities within the organization.
- Great customer service skills.
We understand that some applicants may not have all of the requested skills. Preference will be given to candidates who are readily available in the Prague area and are the strongest match against the job description. Applicants without valid EU Work permits will not be considered for the position.
Informace o pozici
- SecureOps s.r.o.
- Sokolovská 100/94, Praha – Karlín
- Required education: Education is not important
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Salary: 55 000 – 75 000 CZK / month
- Benefits: Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Corporate events
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, Telecommunications, IT Security Specialist
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Also suitable for graduates.