SecureOps is a global Managed Security Services provider, a trusted party that becomes a cost effective extension of the IT Security team. SecureOps delivers not only 24/7 monitoring and incident handling but a broad spectrum of security services for IT as well as general users on the network. Thank you for your consideration.
L1 Network Security Analyst
SecureOps Location: Prague
This posting requires a valid work visa/permit for the EU zone. Please do not apply if you are not currently able to legally work inside the European Union.
Due to the current circumstances imposed by COVID-19, it is expected that some training and work might need to be done remotely using company assigned equipment.
This is an entry level position in Information Security. We do not expect candidates to have experience in this field. Technical experience in related field (networking, system administration) and the ability to learn is all that is required. Training will be provided in various procedures and technology.
Job Description: Level 1 Network Security Analyst
The primary responsibilities of the Level 1 Network Security Analyst are to sort, filter, analyze, qualify and escalate various cyber-security alerts inside log aggregation tools (SIEM) such as ArcSight, Splunk and QRadar. The Analyst is also responsible for incident follow-up, process suggestions and basic automation.
The Level 1 Network Security Analyst works on 12-hour or 8-hour shifts. Shifts are scheduled between 6AM - 10PM Prague local time. No night shifts are expected.
This work is ideal for applicants eager to enter the world of information security and with a keen interest in technology. Training will be provided for all new employees and detailed documentation is available to assist analysts in performing their duties.
- Perform investigation of security alerts and escalate incidents according to procedures.
- Produce brief written reports detailing your investigation findings
- Launch queries in log aggregation tool to gather information to answer analytical questions
- Suggest improvements and optimization to the team, we want to hear your opinion!
- Ability to learn continuously in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Basic Networking and/or Operating Systems is a mandatory skill
- General interest in cyber-security topics (Malware, Penetration Testing, Intrusion Detection, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills & technical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively within a team environment.
- Good English Skills (Both Written and Verbal). CEF Level C1 or C2 is preferred.
- Education: (Optional) Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology. Equivalent Work experience is also acceptable.
- Certifications (Optional) Network+, Security+, CCNA, CySA+, CEH etc.
We understand that some applicants may not have all of the requested skills. Preference will be given to candidates who are readily available in the Prague area and are the strongest match against the job description. Applicants without valid EU Work permits will not be considered for the position.
Information about position
- SecureOps s.r.o.
- Sokolovská 100/94, Praha – Karlín
- Required education: Education is not important
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Salary: 42,500 – 50,000 CZK / month
- Benefits: Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Corporate events
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, Telecommunications, IT Security Specialist
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Also suitable for graduates.