TMF Group helps global companies expand and invest seamlessly across international borders. Its expert accountants and legal, HR and payroll professionals are located around the world, helping clients to operate their corporate structures, finance vehicles and investments in different locations. With operations in more than 80 countries providing global business services, TMF Group is the global expert that understands local needs.
Head of Accounting & Tax
About the role
In this role, you will be accountable for a complex operations agenda of the Accounting & Tax department, with emphasis on supporting the company to ensure that our clients are provided with an efficient, professional, and high-quality service. You will be responsible to drive operational efficiencies across all processing areas whilst improving client experience, supporting onboarding of new clients, communicating with potential clients per request, and keeping management constantly updated on performance while assuring that the right structure is in place having the right people to manage the clients, as well as the right tools and processes to set the team up for success.
Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Providing overall management, support, and direct leadership to the Supervisors, Senior Executives and/or to assigned team;
- Communication and engagement with the management team;
- Overseeing the implementation of TMF Group operational processes to ensure service level continuity;
- Implementation and managing KPI´s and productivity for assigned team;
- Supporting business development from existing clients;
- Supporting the capacity planning part of the workforce planning;
- Driving performance improvements;
- Act as overall coordinator and end-to-end owner on all accounting-related matters for allocated companies and companies allocated to the assigned team if needed;
- Ensures completeness of the booking of all journal entries and accounting documents into the general ledger, preparation of balance sheets, income statements, other accounting statements, reports, e.g. group reporting packages for allocated clients.
You are a resourceful leader looking for opportunities to bring your career to the next level? Your ambition is to become an important member of an international company where you can build a world-class career portfolio in Accounting & Tax while working with some of the best and reputable clients in the industry?
Ideally, you meet the following hiring criteria:
- University degree preferably in finance/accounting/economics;
- Excellent Czech and English language skills;
- Experience in financial accounting (7 years +);
- Proven experience in a leadership role;
- Sound knowledge of accounting, tax, and local GAAP;
- Good understanding of accounting practice in the Czech Republic;
- Firm knowledge of all processes in the accounting department;
- Sound IT literacy and advanced level of Excel in particular;
- Experience in working with special accounting software(s);
- Action / initiative-oriented person with very good customer skills;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, to prioritize and work to tight deadlines;
- Team and service-oriented, flexible, hardworking, and enthusiastic;
- Change management/business transformation previous experience desirable
What's in it for you?
Make an impact: Our global presence in more than 80 countries allows you to impact how global and diverse clients do business as well as give back to the global communities we operate in.
Be part of One TMF: At TMF Group, it’s our people who make us who we are. Our company thrives on entrepreneurial spirit and is full of proactive people who combine enthusiasm with responsibility and accountability.
A world of opportunity: Regardless of where you are in your career, TMF Group opens a world of opportunity where you will be part of our team and is supported in your global career journey.
Information about position
- TMF Czech, a.s.
- Kateřinská 466/40, Praha – Nové Město
- Required education: University
- Required languages: Czech (Advanced), English (Advanced)
- Listed in: Banking industry and financial services, Economics and Business Finance, Legal services, Chief Accountant
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
225 000 522