Expect more. Connect more. Be more at Diebold Nixdorf. Our teams automate, digitize, and transform the way more than 75 million people around the globe bank and shop in this hyper-connected, consumer-centric world. Join us in connecting people to commerce in this vital, rewarding role.
Senior Back-end Developer for Software Maintenance
We are currently looking for a Senior Back-end Developer for Software Maintenance to join our Global Centre in Pilsen - one of our six Global Development Centres specialising in banking software managing transactions and ATMS worldwide. In fact, we are responsible for 33% of the ATMs worldwide!
Diebold Nixdorf is a world-leading ATM producer and our Pilsen office (established in 2015) specializes exclusively in software development. Thanks to our talented colleagues just in a few years’ time the small office became the most important fintech company in Pilsen region. Our vision is to continue growing and acquire other interesting strategic projects.
As a Senior Back-end Developer for Software Maintenance you will join a team of 50+ software engineers who take the responsibility for our global projects after they go live. In the Maintenance and Support team you learn the whole product, not just bits and pieces which is a great way to start your career in fintech. Thanks to solid base you will then have a chance to deepen your technical expertise or pursue Team Leader role, or use your knowledge to move to other area, such as research and development.
While our team’s main domain is ATM software we also operate hardware and have about 50 types of ATMs in our lab that you will be able to look inside. In fact, we are currently working on a new ATM that is going to offer a new set of possibilities - from opening account to signing contract or debit card issuing.
If you are interested in a successful career in a global, reputable company and a leader in the market working on international projects, apply today!
With us, you can:
- Become an expert in banking products on transaction switching.
- Analyze and solve most complex software incidents and problems appeared on ATMs worldwide.
- Communicate with the customers in written and spoken form (ticketing system and technical calls).
- Develop code fixes and new features for our premium banking customers.
- Adapt and extend the existing software application with respect to the functional scope, timeline and costs.
- Provide trainings for product, tools, processes and technical advices for other teams worldwide.
- Maintain knowledge base.
- Coach your team members to find solutions to problems.
- Analyze trends to determine root causes and recommends corrective action.
- Contribute to best practices to improve overall performance.
- Work on international teams on successful products, as part of global projects
- Take the opportunity to become a seasoned expert in banking domain or grow into people managing role
- Develop, travel, or not travel...
- Education: preferred bachelor / master’s degree in computer science, Computer/Software Engineering, or equivalent (not mandatory).
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Java
- Knowledge and experience with Java EE
- Experience with application servers such as JBoss AS or IBM WAS is an advantage
- Knowledge of SQL (experience with Oracle, PostgreSQL is an advantage)
- Basic knowledge of web services (SOAP or REST)
- Knowledge of build tools such as Maven or Gradle
- Logical reasoning and analytical thinking.
- Troubleshooting experience and/or log analysis.
- Ability to drive incident / problem resolution.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to interact and coordinate with employees at different levels, different groups, and different geographical locations within the company
What will you get?
- A fixed salary with an annual bonus – We like to reward those who work to the fullest
- Career possibilities – Work to become a Team Leader or specialize and get deeper knowledge in your field
- Possibility to travel – You have the possibility to visit clients all over the world (on hold during pandemic)
- Flexible working hours – We don’t use any attendance system. We trust each other and we do things our way
- Working from home – While we love working from the office, there are days when staying at home is better
- 5 weeks of vacation – We love our work, but we do not live to work
- And other small things that make our lives more pleasant: English lessons – Because we work globally - on international teams (on hold during pandemic)
- MAKRO card – To save on shopping
- Relaxation zones – When your head is tired
- Meal vouchers – We are located in the center, a great selection of food is guaranteed
- Public transport contribution – We contribute to your year-long fare
- Pension insurance contribution – We plan for the future
Why should you join Diebold Nixdorf?
Brightest minds + technology and innovation + business transformation
The people of Diebold Nixdorf are 23,000+ teammates of diverse talents and expertise in more than 130 countries, harnessing future technologies to deliver personalized, secure consumer experiences that connect people to commerce. Our culture is fueled by our values of collaboration, decisiveness, urgency, willingness to change, and accountability.
–Diebold Nixdorf is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
** To all recruitment agencies: Diebold Nixdorf does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diebold Nixdorf employees or any other organization location. Diebold Nixdorf is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes**
Informace o pozici
- Diebold Nixdorf s.r.o.
- Poděbradova 2842/1, Plzeň – Jižní Předměstí
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer