What is waiting for you
HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world’s people, places and things. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. Our product and services are used by millions of people around the world to navigate their everyday lives.
HID Global is an innovative fast-paced organization, with many possibilities to make a difference and add value. HID is recognized for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
We value diversity and endorse an open-minded collaborative working environment.
The HID Biometric BU is continuing to revolutionize the biometric industry. As the Director of Hardware Design Engineering you will lead, engage and grow a world-class team of electrical, system and mechanical engineers located in USA, APAC and EUROPE to support an expanding product line of biometric devices.
The Hardware Engineering team develops groundbreaking biometric sensor solution and technologies that are serving HID main vertical encompassing traditional Government vertical as well as commercial verticals including health care, financial market and retail. The key goal of the team is to enable the best user-experience and performance through state-of-the-art sensor solution such as low power, small profile, etc. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that cultivate engineering excellence, creativity, leadership and innovation.
You will draw upon 20+ years of industry experience developing commercial and government biometric devices to look-ahead and identify risks to execution and then push your team to think creatively on how to circumvent issues and maintain timelines.
You will lean on highly skilled electrical engineers in your team and work in close partnership with a SW Engineering team to complete the product offering with driver and SDK. Similarly, you will bridge to the HID CTO office for your designs to fold-in cutting-edge technology for design and manufacturing. Furthermore you will work in partnership with a central Operation function and dedicatd BU resources in the area of Manufacturing Engineering.
A key aspect of this role is you will be expected to maintain execution of a current product line while nourishing development of “what’s next”. You will face competing dynamics that require a heightened level of the HID growth-mindset and a superior ability to articulate challenges in a candid and poised manner
· Leverage experience to identify risks to your team’s execution spanning Biometric Performance, Power Delivery, Signal Integrity, Power, Design Complexity, Component Availability, Size, etc.
· Build and maintain a dynamic product design cadence that executes to product development timelines that is competitive to industry.
· Foster an inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table and amplifies diverse perspectives that reflect the user base of our products, thereby improving them.
· Work together with a world-class product design team and optimize our processes to quickly and nimbly iterate on form factor design from proto to engineering to mass production.
· Bridge and liaise to a SW Engineering team team developing the software interfaces for our biometric devices and provide feedback to system architecture plan for the products.
· Nimbly adjust design thinking from ‘broad’ to ‘detailed’ and drive the team to differentiate what is important vs what is interesting.
· Break down complex issues and collaborate across cross-functional teams to resolve issues in a timely manner. Knowing how to use imperfect data to drive next steps is key, and ability to evangelize a technical point-of-view in a collaborative manner is a must.
· Effectively influence design choices and key partners to improve the product.
What skills and knowledge should you posses
· Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering, Physics or similar field. MS/PhD preferred.
· Minimum 15 years industry commercial device experience shipping complex assembly technology products using OEM. Vendor management is key.
· Hands-on experience with design, debug, manufacturing, and validation - enabling you to speak candidly with the experts in your team. This includes details of PCB design of SOCs/ASICs, EMI, signal integrity, power delivery, and manufacturing rules.
· Track record of enabling strong cross team collaboration and implemented solid processes to ensure high quality work.
· Track record of amplifying diverse perspectives and being a champion of building a team that looks like the users of our products
· Strong communication, persuasion and negotiation skills in addition to being comfortable with working through ambiguities
· Good knowledge of state-of-the-art ISP data-flows and processing blocks
· Strong electrical engineering background in board level analog and mixed-signal design
· Hands-on experience in system-level design, architecture, characterization and validation
· Experience in the product development cycle and proficiency in designing parts and assemblies for manufacturing
· Ability to apply engineering analysis, creative problem solving, attention to detail, and diligence in finding the best solution for each design challenge
· Strong communication and organizational skills; ability to articulate design performance and independently drive people/groups for design, schedule, and quality
· CAD design experience using both 2D and 3D applications
· Strong verbal communication skills across organizations and at the executive level
· Excellent written skills for clear reporting of data analysis and conclusions
· Always acts professionally and courteously, representing HID's highest standards of business conduct, exhibits a positive attitude, sharing information with co-workers as appropriate, and works to promote a cooperative, productive teamwork environment.
· Travel and fieldwork, including international travel may be required. Therefore, employee must possess, or be able to acquire a valid passport.
What can we offer
Competitive salary package and yearly bonus
Stable employment in a friendly international atmosphere
Flexible working hours
In-house free English classes
Ergonomic workplaces with all necessary tools and equipment
Informace o pozici
- DigitalPersona Czech s.r.o.
- Praha – Karlín
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Occasional work from home
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, Technology and development, Research and development, Technical director
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer