CEE Bankwatch Network campaigns to prevent environmentally and socially harmful impacts of international development finance, and to promote alternative solutions and public participation. It unites 16 member groups in 14 countries in Central and Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and Russia. Our headquarters are located in Prague, Czech Republic, but our staff is based in offices across the region. We work with partner organisations ranging from Africa to Central Asia, monitoring public finance projects and promoting environmentally, socially and economically sustainable alternatives. Our diverse staff and its expertise enable Bankwatch to work on a wide range of issues ranging from air pollution to land rights and EU decision-making. Please see bankwatch.org for more information.
Coordinator for Just Transition
Based in offices in Central-Eastern Europe.
The coordinator will work as a member of a team working to deliver Bankwatch's strategy on advancing energy transformation in Central and East Europe. In particular, this position will focus on Bankwatch's work towards a fossil-fuel-free Europe, with a focus on coal and shale oil-dependent regions that need a re-development strategy beyond fossil fuels. The goal is to promote a just transition model based on locally-designed public policies and investment measures that support a fair income and a decent life for all workers and communities in those regions. The coordinator will also work to enhance exchange of experience and joint campaigning within the Europe Beyond Coal Just Transition Working group.
- Developing the campaign plan in line with the Strategic Area Plan of Bankwatch and Europe Beyond Coal Strategy
- Monitoring the implementation of the campaign plan and specific activities
- Advising at the national level on campaign entry-points (decision-makers and relevant EU policies)
- Coordinating campaign messages and activities with relevant partner organisations
- Disseminate results of work to relevant stakeholders
- Preparing, commenting on, and/or reviewing Bankwatch public materials
- Editing or providing support for the narrative report for fundraising proposals
- Strong commitment to the values, vision, and mission of CEE Bankwatch Network;
- At least three years experience in working with an NGO at regional or international level, including advocacy work and campaigning on energy and/or climate issues.
- Experience in managing campaigns including the various responsibilities involved (such as fundraising, research, planning, lobbying, communications), including proven ability to effectively adjust plans to rapidly changing circumstances;
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders from different backgrounds, such as decision-makers at high- and working-level, MEPs, NGOs, Bankwatch member groups and partners, activists, lobbyists, researchers, media, etc.;
- Experience in project management;
- Good understanding of European energy and/or climate policy;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Knowledge of relevant languages constitutes an advantage;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Motivation to exchange with and learn from colleagues and a pro-active but sensitive and fair approach to colleagues and partners;
- Creativity: able to think outside the box and find new ways to campaign;
- Flexibility: able to attend evening/weekend meetings and undertake travel.
- The position is based in any of the Bankwatch or member group offices in Central-Eastern Europe.
We offer a one-year contract for the position. Dependent on funding, we intend to continue the post beyond the 12-month period.
Bankwatch strives to provide equal opportunities to all applicants. You'll be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, skin colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability status.
To apply, click on the REPLY at the bottom of the page. Send us your motivation letter, including a CV, by midnight June 23rd, 2021.
Interviews are scheduled for 29th and 30th June.
Informace o pozici
- CEE Bankwatch Network z. s.
- Heřmanova 1088/8, Praha – Holešovice
- Required education: Education is not important
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Notebook, Flexible start/end of working hours, Holidays 5 weeks, Education allowance, Occasional work from home, Individual schedules of working hours, Opportunity to work up hours, International conferences
- Listed in: Agriculture, forestry, and ecology, Ecologist, Environmental Officer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employer type: Non-profit organization
Heřmanova 1088/8, 17000 Praha 7 – Holešovice, Česká republika