What is waiting for you
For our newly created team we are looking for talented new employees. You will work on technically challenging and interesting tasks in the field of software for biometric systems (fingerprints, face recognition etc.). The work includes designing, implementing and optimizing algorithms which process and optimize the input images (fingerprints, faces), assess the image quality, perform biometric feature extraction, matching, liveness detection and related.
The majority of the job is the algorithm creation, testing and optimization, typically in Matlab. However, the final algorithm will need to be provided in C language, therefore a knowledge of C language programming is required.
Some of the algorithms will be based on machine learning and especially deep learning, knowledge of deep learning and convolutional neural networks as applied to image processing is essential.
If you like this kind of versatile, non-boring job, want to work with friendly people in a nice environment, appreciate the stability of a large multinational company without the usual rigidity, and want to see the results of your work distributed all over the globe, keep reading..
· Design, implement and optimize image processing algorithms for biometric systems, biometric feature extraction and matching algorithms, liveness detection algorithms, and other algorithms from related fields.
· For implementing the algorithms use both classic image processing technics as well as machine learning and especially deep learning.
· Provide final implementation of the algorithms in C language for a use by the software engineering team.
· Manage a database of fingerprint and face images for algorithm testing and evaluation.
· Perform evaluation and testing of biometric algorithms using the image database, create result reports.
· Cooperate closely with software engineers on porting the algorithms to various target platforms and optimizing them for those platforms. This includes also porting and optimizing deep learning models for target neural network accelerators.
· Cooperate closely with test engineers on defining validation tests for the algorithms.
· Continuously improve your knowledge and educate yourself in the latest developments in biometric algorithms.
What skills and knowledge should you posses
· Education: At least Master’s degree in a relevant field of study. PhD degree is an advantage.
· Experience: Minimum 3 years.
· A fast learning, innovative and inquisitive person, a scientific type.
· Extensive knowledge and experience in the field of image processing algorithms.
· Good knowledge of deep learning principles and algorithms and their application for image processing and biometric tasks. Knowledge of CNNs.
· Knowledge of the principles of biometric algorithms, especially for finger and face recognition.
· Good working knowledge of Matlab.
· Good working knowledge of C or C++ programming.
· Practical experience with deep learning platforms, ideally Tensor Flow.
· Ability to complete tasks independently, with minimal supervision.
Which competences are an advantage
· Working knowledge of source code management and configuration, preferably git.
· Knowledge of Python for both research and task automation purposes.
· Understanding of the constraints of small embedded platforms and their consequences for designing algorithms for such platforms.
· Optimization of computational algorithms for embedded platforms on machine code/assembler level.
· Knowledge of applied cryptography, PKI, X.509 certificates and information security principles.
What can we offer
Competitive salary package and yearly bonus
Stable employment in a friendly international atmosphere
Flexible working hours
In-house free English classes
Ergonomic workplaces with all necessary tools and equipment
Informace o pozici
- DigitalPersona Czech s.r.o.
- Czech Republic
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Occasional work from home
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Technology and development, Research and development, C++ developer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer