Become a part of the worldwide movement Doctors without borders! The humanitarian and medical organisation, Doctors without borders, opened a Shared IT Service (SITS) centre in Prague in 2019. This centre provides IT support to all interested parties around the world – people sent to missions, operating centres, sections and branch offices.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 23 sections, 25 associations and other offices together. MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF movement, and implements international projects and initiatives as requested.
The Intranet Management Officer will be a member of both MSF SITS and MSF International Information and Knowledge Management (IKM) team.
- Intranet management: Make sure that the MSF International intranet environment and the site collections perform adequately which includes managing access permissions, migrations and any improvements. Support and help service recovery for any incidents and service requests.
- SharePoint and Teams tools Training and Development: Accompany and support staff in the usage and development of these tools in a way that optimizes their benefits and support their development needs.
- M365 Solution expertise: Be the M365 technical expert for solution design supporting Information and Knowledge Management service development.
- Be the 1service recovery and advisor expert for all MSF International service requests and technical issues related to SharePoint site collections and subsites and Teams;
- Acquire global vision on support processes and procedures in order to propose improvement to increase support efficiency;
- Build a knowledge base of recurring issues and their resolution or workaround solutions;
- Review the incident categories and propose and implement some improvement in order to increase the value of the support stats reports;
- Produce and present monthly reports on useful key performance indicators on ticket management.
Intranet continuous improvement services:
- Lead the data and site migration;
- Perform regular check and cleanup of unused sites;
- Manage permissions across the entire intranet including global removal of permissions of former employees;
- Liaise with the Information Management officer on any data protection issues to be addressed;
- Lead any improvement initiatives on SharePoint sites that the IKM team identifies;
- Develop a change plan to adapt the current Intranet architecture to Microsoft major change in site hierarchy from subsites to flat structure;
- Produce global intranet usage and performance reports.
Learning center services:
- Propose and implement improvements of the current learning library structure;
- Produce missing tutorials;
- Deliver on-demand training on SharePoint and Teams;
- Organize regular webinars on tools and good practices;
- Build an eLearning center to offer staff the option to go through self-service training.
M365 expertise services:
- Under the leadership of the IKM lead, offer M365 expertise advices on technical solutions that support the IKM service development;
- Develop applications and features leveraging M365 and Power Platform integration to build demo environments when needed to showcase the benefits of such applications or ways of working in response to a given problem;
- Provide general advices on good practices coming from the industry on how to use MS M365 features and how to benefits from them;
- Provide training.
- Relevant academic degree or equivalent significant experience within the area of Information Technology Systems and/or Systems & Network Administration;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Can demonstrate participation in various projects involving SharePoint and Microsoft M365 advanced features and applications such as Powershell or Power Apps;
- Can demonstrate experience in promoting SharePoint and Teams good practices and advising process improvement;
- As coaching is a key aspect of the role, the ideal candidate must have some experience in delivering training to a wide range of audience (technical and non-technical) as well as producing clear, well written and structured coaching material;
- Thorough knowledge of M365 and more specifically SharePoint and Teams is mandatory;
- Expertise in Power Platform and the development of applications using Power Apps;
- Scripting in Powershell;
- Thorough knowledge of M365-Power Platform-Azure integration;
- Practical knowledge of cloud topics such as, but not limited to, connectivity, synchronization, security, user access rights management;
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles and challenges of MSF;
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to discuss technical requirements with a wide range of non-technical stakeholders;
- Ability to develop and deliver guidance, advice and training;
- Self-motivated, proactive, flexible and an effective organiser;
- Good team worker, but, at times, also able to work with minimum supervision;
- Fluent in English.
Who we are
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and healthcare exclusion. MSF offers assistance to people in need and irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation. MSF’s actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence, and neutrality. Over 90% of the organization’s funding comes from individual private donors giving small amounts.
The organisation was founded in 1971 in France by a group of doctors and journalists in the wake of war and famine in Biafra, Nigeria. Their aim was to establish an independent organization that focuses on delivering emergency medicine aid quickly, effectively and impartially. Three hundred volunteers made up the organization when it was founded: doctors, nurses and other staff, including the 13 founding doctors and journalists.
Informace o pozici
- MSF Shared IT Services, z.s.
- Zenklova 2245/29, Praha – Libeň
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Work mostly from home
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS Support, Product owner
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
604 695 515