The Eaton European Innovation Center (EEIC) offers an exciting, engaging and inspiring environment for creative engineers who are looking for great learning, advancement and technology leadership opportunities in a broad range of technological fields and in a highly diverse team of researchers and engineers.
Technical Lead - Senior Electronics Engineer
Eaton is a power management company actively engaged in the transition towards a low-carbon energy future across the world. Energy Transition is a major corporate strategic theme and Eaton is committed to deliver related solutions for the Buildings markets. We are capitalizing and building upon our diverse technology portfolio of renewable energy integration, energy storage, EnergyAware UPSes, microgrids and electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
Technical Lead - Senior Electronics Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Electronics Engineer to develop innovative solutions for our power conversion and circuit protection products at the Eaton European Innovation Center in Prague (EEIC).
In this role you will be responsible for leading new technology research, managing the project and coordinating team members; will be supervising and participating in computer simulation, design and development, and further comprehensive testing of power electronics devices, with a focus on power switching and thermal behavior. Therefore, a good blend of technical knowledge and business acumen is required to be successful in this position.
You will be a member of the team with focus on Energy converting circuitry.
- Lead electronics design and development activities and demonstrate start-finish ownership for the assigned project;
- Engineering Project Lead Electronics - formally manage the project, allocate and coordinate resources, plan and keep to the project budget.
- Supervise and participate in: performing computer simulation and design of power electronics, including analog and digital circuitries; building prototypes, conducting electrical, thermal and lifetime tests, analyzing data to improve/optimize the design in terms of performance, size, cost, manufacturability, and reliability;
- Create technical reports and presentations;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and external partners to successfully develop and validate the design.
- Master's degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years in electronics engineering work (including graduate level academic power electronics engineering work)
- Proven hands-on experience with power electronics devices development and testing
- Strong knowledge of power semiconductors, snubber networks and protection components (varistors, transient voltage suppressors), state-of-the-art cooling techniques
- Experience with power electronics-related circuits, specifically advanced gate drivers, isolated current and voltage sensors, auxiliary power supplies
Nice to have
- PhD in electrical engineering or equivalent with focus on power electronics
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering processes and project management practices
- Thorough understanding of PCB layout and EMC/EMI design practices, of voltage clearance/creepage requirements, insulation and interconnection techniques
- Experience in applying DfR and DfM methods, worst case analysis; Design for Six Sigma certification preferred
- Communication-focused soft skills with capability to build rapport within the team, as well as with internal and external partners
- Experience with Governmental projects
What can you expect from us?
- International team of professionals, opportunity to learn new technologies
- Focus on technology and innovation
- Roomy offices, excellent canteen, table tennis, yoga on site, cycling and sport friendly environment
- Annual bonus, multisport card, office hours flexibility, nursery contribution and other benefits
- Home office, flexible working hours
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team, worldwide spread of contacts and projects.
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is important for us.
- Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce - the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are - both individually and as an organization - and direct our activities every day.
- Green company targeting carbon neutrality in its operations by 2030.
Informace o pozici
- Požadované vzdělání: Vysokoškolské / univerzitní
- Požadované jazyky: Angličtina (Pokročilá)
- Benefity: Bonusy/prémie, Mobilní telefon, Příspěvek na penzijní/životní připojištění, Flexibilní začátek/konec pracovní doby, Příspěvek na dopravu, Stravenky/příspěvek na stravování, Dovolená 5 týdnů, Vzdělávací kurzy, školení, Občerstvení na pracovišti, Příspěvek na sport/kulturu/volný čas, Příspěvek na vzdělání, Zdravotní volno/sickdays, Children-friendly office
- Zařazeno: IS/IT: Správa systémů a HW, IS/IT: Vývoj aplikací a systémů, Technika a vývoj, Vývojový inženýr, Pracovník výzkumu a vývoje
- Typ pracovního poměru
- Typ pracovního poměru: Práce na plný úvazek
- Délka pracovního poměru
- Délka pracovního poměru: Na dobu neurčitou
- Typ smluvního vztahu
- Typ smluvního vztahu: pracovní smlouva
- Zadavatel: Zaměstnavatel