Royal Danish Embassy in Prague is a dynamic workplace that represents Denmark’s political, commercial and cultural relationship with The Czech Republic and Slovakia. We are approximately 15 employees at the Embassy in Prague. The Trade Council is the governmental export and investment promotion organisation under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark.
Senior Digitalisation Commercial Adviser
The Trade Council (TC) of Denmark in Prague is looking for a dedicated and dynamic Senior Commercial Adviser with understanding of public and private digitalisation. Your responsibilities will be assisting Danish businesses in their market penetration, business development and government public affairs primarily in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. At the same time, you will be supporting activities in TC’s Central and Eastern Europe region (CEE) in relation to public and private digitalisation. The Danish government aims to create links between Danish companies and countries that can benefit from their experience and know-how in light of the foreseen investments related to the Next Generation EU funds. As an Adviser in The Trade Council you will be situated in TC’s Prague office at the Danish Embassy and have colleagues regionally in the other CEE countries, as well as a global team of highly qualified advisers around the World.
Your primary responsibility as a Digitalisation Commercial Adviser will be to advise Danish companies about business and sales opportunities (with a special focus on SMEs and B2B and B2G) and on relevant public affairs strategies in Central and Eastern Europe markets on a consultancy basis. Furthermore, you will also get the opportunity to develop strategies and business in collaboration with our sector advisers for both small and large Danish companies.
Denmark is one of the World’s most digitised societies and a forerunner within digital solutions that focuses on usability and high user trust. We want to leverage your experience and existing network in this field to pave the road for Danish companies and their solutions within Digitalisation to the Czech Republic, Slovakia and the other CEE countries.
- Experience with public and private digitalisation (e.g. GovTech, EdTech, HealthTech et al) from a company, government agency or consultancy in the Czech Republic. Experience from Slovakia and other CEE countries will be an advantage, but is not a requirement.
- Strong ability to identify commercial opportunities and develop relevant activities between local stakeholders and Danish companies.
- Commercial profile with several years of specific international experience.
- Experience with public affairs initiatives and strategies, including knowledge about the Next Generation EU funds.
- A Master’s degree in business administration, engineering, political science and/or other commercially oriented graduate degree.
- Solid network within, and understanding of digitalisation in the Czech Republic is a must. Network within other CEE countries will be an advantage.
- Ability to forge tight relations and trust in regards to sales and consultancy tasks
- Understanding of public sector dynamics and public tender processes.
- Fluency in English and Czech or Slovak is a requirement. A working proficiency in other CEE languages or Danish is not a requirement, but will be an advantage.
- An understanding of the Danish commercial positions of strength within digitalisation will be an advantage.
We are looking for:
- A proactive, resourceful person and a strong networker. You are always willing to lend an extra hand to colleagues and put an extra effort to ensure a project’s success.
- A team-player who values a good working environment with strong focus on cooperation.
- Result orientation with a talent for converting opportunities to specific projects and ability to sell these projects on a commercial basis to a Danish company.
- Drive, ambition and an outgoing personality
- Ability to work as part of a large team with colleagues both present in the office as well as a great deal of virtual cooperation with colleagues around the region as well as in HQ in Copenhagen.
- A candidate prepared to travel around as well in the Czech Republic and in Slovakia as well as in other countries in the region and to Denmark in connection with projects when relevant.
You will be hired at The Trade Council in Prague and be part of the Embassy staff reporting to the Head of Trade in Prague for national projects; but as member of the Tech Team in CEE, for regional projects you will be reporting to the Tech Team leader located in Warsaw. You will work closely with the commercial employees in Warsaw, Budapest and Bucharest, who collectively cover the Tech sector.
What we offer:
- 2-year contract with the possibility of extension
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- 5 weeks of paid annual leave
- Flexible Danish working scheme
- Opportunity of language courses
- International cooperation with colleagues across Europe
- Company mobile phone and laptop
- A spacious office in a historical building in Prague 1
The Trade Council performs consultancy based internationalisation services and has a number of shared KPI’s, including value creation and activity targets. You will be employed as a local employee at the Danish Embassy in Prague on a 2-year contract with the possibility of extension.
The successful candidate will need to undergo a security clearance, which will be facilitated from our side. We aim at the starting date of August 1st, 2021, or soon thereafter.
Please apply here with your cover letter and CV by Tuesday 18 May, 2021. Applications without a cover letter explaining your motivation will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview soon after. For any questions regarding this position, please contact Head of Trade Konstantin Bengtson at konben[AT]um.dk.
About the Embassy/Trade Council of Denmark:
Royal Danish Embassy in Prague is a dynamic workplace that represents Denmark’s political, commercial and cultural relationship with The Czech Republic and Slovakia. We are approximately 15 employees at the Embassy in Prague. The Trade Council is the governmental export and investment promotion organisation under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark promotes equality and diversity. Therefore, all qualified and interested persons, regardless of age, sex, religion, ethnicity and sexual orientation, are invited to apply for the position. For further information visit https://tjekkiet.um.dk/, www.thetradecouncil.dk and www.um.dk.
Informace o pozici
- VELVYSLANECTVÍ DÁNSKÉHO KRÁLOVSTVÍ
- Maltézské náměstí 475/5, Praha – Malá Strana
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Advanced), Czech (Advanced), Slovak (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Cell phone, Notebook, Flexible start/end of working hours, Holidays 5 weeks, Occasional work from home, Individual schedules of working hours
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, Sales, State and public administration, IT Consultant
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer