Become a part of the worldwide movement Doctors without borders! The humanitarian and medical organisation, Doctors without borders, opened a new Shared IT Service (SITS) centre in Prague in 2019. This centre provides IT support to all interested parties around the world – people sent to missions, operating centres, sections and branch offices.
Azure Infrastructure Manager is in charge of all the necessary elements that support the systems and tools running in SITS as well as its clients within MSF with high focus on Azure cloud tools and services. This role is also responsible for ensuring that the systems and devices are running efficiently, are secured and up-to-date, and are consistently monitored and managed.
- Collaborate on a cloud services, systems, and devices management strategy for SITS.
- Implement Azure IaaS and PaaS technologies and services: Azure VMs, Azure Storage, VNET’s, Resource Manager, Azure Backup, App Services, Azure Active Directory and Azure Data services.
- Implement systems monitoring tools and policy for systems, devices, and services including cloud solutions based on Microsoft Azure
- Implement and deploy Intune, SCCM, SCUM and other tools as necessary
- Deploy and manage virtual machines based on Windows OS
- Manage infrastructure and hosting services provided to MSF movement
- Participate in the build, deployment, and monitoring of portable data centres for MSF field operations
- Collaborate closely with the enterprise and infrastructure architects, support, and the IT security teams
- Participate in infrastructure related projects in partner sections and provide advisory services
- Provide L3 support to the Microsoft tools related infrastructure
- At least 2 years’ experience as Azure Administrator/Architect
- Proficiency in Azure IaaS and PaaS technologies and services: Azure VMs, Azure Storage, VNET’s, Resource Manager, Azure SQL, Azure Backup, Traffic Manager, Cloud & App Services, Azure Active Directory
- Proficiency in Windows operating system and storage technologies
- Good understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
- Expertise translating business requirements / problems into technical architectures utilizing Azure and complementary technologies
- Experience in providing Azure advisory to MSF Sections including assessments, presenting recommendations on Azure migration roadmaps, architecture / designs etc.
- Candidate will lead analysis, recommendations, and presentation of approaches to MSF sections complex problems based on prior experience and researches
- Experience in deploying Azure IaaS and PaaS solutions based on a range of Azure technologies and services such as Compute, Data Services, App Services and Network Services etc.
- Experience in conducting Azure PoCs, deployment and migration of various workloads to Azure services from traditional infrastructure or other Clouds
- Experience in deployment and migration of various workloads to Azure
- Collaborate with internal functional and technical teams to ensure Azure based solutions are appropriately architected, engineered, tested, & deployed
- Analytical skills
What we can offer you
- Interesting professional and personal challenge
- Rewarding and meaningful work in a young, dynamic, and rapidly growing truly international organization
- Full flexibility and ownership/accountability
- Flexible working hours, work-life policy, working from home
- 25 days of holiday per year; Flexible working conditions; 6 sick days per year
- Possibility to go for a "sabbatical leave“ / mission, once per 3 years
- Training budget of 1,000 EUR per employee/year; Language courses
- Annual remuneration / “thirteenth salary” (after probation period)
- Relocation package for former MSF field employees who change their regular domicile location in order to work in MSF SITS Prague office
- Public transport contribution (after probation period)
- Nominal financial contribution for employees with children
- Extended paternity leave for fathers
- Free refreshment at the workplace – free drinks (water, tea, coffee) and fruits at the workplace
- Dog/baby friendly office, etc.
- Team buildings / family days
Who we are
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and healthcare exclusion. MSF offers assistance to people in need and irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation. MSF’s actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence, and neutrality. Over 90% of the organization’s funding comes from individual private donors giving small amounts.
The organisation was founded in 1971 in France by a group of doctors and journalists in the wake of war and famine in Biafra, Nigeria. Their aim was to establish an independent organization that focuses on delivering emergency medicine aid quickly, effectively and impartially. Three hundred volunteers made up the organization when it was founded: doctors, nurses and other staff, including the 13 founding doctors and journalists.
Today, MSF is a worldwide movement of more than 65,000 people working in 21 sections, 12 branch offices, 5 Operational Centres and three supply centres worldwide. There are as many IT departments as sections, and together they support more than 32,000 system users spread over MSF offices and missions across the globe. To gain in efficiency and improve end-user experience, MSF has built its own Shared IT Services (SITS) Centre in Prague.
Informace o pozici
- MSF Shared IT Services, z.s.
- Zenklova 2245/29, Praha – Libeň
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Work mostly from home
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IT Manager
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
604 695 515