We are a proud member of the General Electric's global network, namely the GE Aviation division, which ranks as one of the largest aircraft engines manufacturer in the world. In our facility in Prague we design, produce, sell and maintain turboprop aircraft engines.
Lead Engineering Quality Engineer
Why us, why this role?
Were you dreaming about building airplanes ever since your childhood?
At GE Aviation, we design top class turboprop engines that are beefed up with revolutionary technology such as 3D print or digital control systems. We never stop pushing the performance and limits of physics to the next level.
If you are a person who accepts no compromises in area of safety and quality and if you want to put your experience at work in state-of-the-art industry where flight safety always comes first and where good is just simply not good enough, join us! We are looking for a Quality Engineer that would be assuring that we design new product and innovate existing ones in accordance with GE policies and procedures and external regulatory policies. Aviation geeks are welcome!
Please check our site on the following links:
Our website: https://www.geturboprops.com/
Videos about our Catalyst engine:
For all employees let us emphasize 6 weeks of paid leave a year, 6% contribution to pension/cafeteria, fully covered 100 CZK a day meal vouchers and flexible working hours.
What is waiting for you
As Lead Engineering Quality System Engineer, you will be a person responsible for assuring the compliance of quality and regulatory requirements, as described by EASA Part 21, Subpart J (Design Organisation). You will be directly reporting to Engineering Quality System Manager, who is approved by EASA as Part 21J Chief of Independent System Monitoring.
The Engineering Quality Engineer will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assure the compliance with EASA Part 21, Subpart J (Commission Regulation (EU) No 748/2012) requirements on business level
- Build and improve the quality management system of the Design Organisation, as required by EASA Part 21J
- Create, control, and update all the documentation, procedures and records related to the Design Organisation.
- Support the ISM Audit program for both internal audits and Design Supplier audit to meet all regulatory requirements.
- Support Part 21J Chief of ISM during external regulatory audits performed by EASA
- Support the Airworthiness and Certification team in the training on regulatory and procedural aspects across the Company to increase the awareness of relevant personnel
- Be a part of broader GE corporate quality and regulatory team
- Provide leadership for organization of quality and technical activities, problem identification and resolution
- Initiate generic process / product improvement programs and provide process method excellence throughout the organization
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited technical university or a technical college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 3 years of experience in Engineering or quality assurance system and quality improvement methods)
- At least 2 years of experience in Aviation environment
- Proven knowledge of EASA Part 21 requirements
- Training and experience as quality system auditor
- Knowledge of quality assurance requirements
- Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma tools and evidence of their application to solve complex problems in a manufacturing environment
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good communication skills and ability to work cross all organizational levels
- Ability to evaluate the impact of actions on the business and our customers
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Fluent oral and written communication in Czech is preferred
- Fluent oral and written communication in English
Informace o pozici
- GE Aviation Czech s.r.o.
- Beranových 65, Praha – Letňany
- Required education: University
- Required languages: Czech (Intermediate), English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Cell phone, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Occasional work from home, Launch of a completely new project
- Listed in: Quality and quality control, Manufacturing and industry
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer