We are a proud member of the General Electric's global network, namely the GE Aviation division, which ranks as one of the largest aircraft engines manufacturer in the world. In our facility in Prague we design, produce, sell and maintain turboprop aircraft engines.
Lead MOA Quality System Engineer
Why us, why this role?
Are you a “Top Gun” movie enthusiast? If you’re also the kind of person who also get a great sense of accomplishment whenever the state-of-the-art engine returns to the operations roaring on the airplane and if you never accept any compromises in quality, then you are like us!
At GE Aviation, we design, build and service top class turboprop engines and we are looking for a strong Quality advocate to ensure the schedule maintenance, repairs and overhauls of our turboprop engines are completed 100% according to the regulations, all relevant quality standards and manuals.
Join the Quality team where good is just simply not good enough!
Please check our site on the following links:
Our website: https://www.geturboprops.com/
Videos about our Catalyst engine:
For all employees let us emphasize 6 weeks of paid leave a year, 6% contribution to pension/cafeteria, fully covered 100 CZK a day meal vouchers and flexible working hours.
What is waiting for you
As MOA Quality System Engineer, you will be a person responsible for assuring the compliance of quality and regulatory requirements, as described by EASA Part 145 (Maintenance Organization). You will be directly reporting to Site Quality System Manager, who is approved by local Civil Aviation Authority as Part 145 Quality Manager.
The MOA Quality System Engineer will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assure, at least, the compliance with EASA Regulation (EU) No 1321/2014EASA Annex II Part 145 requirements on business level
- Support Build and improve the quality management system of the Maintenance Organization, as required by EASA Regulation (EU) No 1321/2014EASA Annex II Part 145 and all other AA maintenance approvals held by the Company
- Management and development of the Company Maintenance Organization Exposition, review and submission of formal amendments to the Authority (including any non-EU member state MOE Supplements preparation and revision)
- Create, control, and update all the documentation, procedures and records related to the Maintenance Organisation
- Assure and coordinate the internal audits to meet all regulatory requirements, support the supplier audits
- Support Part 145 Quality Manager during external regulatory audits performed by by the Airworthiness Authorities
- Support the training on regulatory aspects across the Company to increase the awareness of relevant personnel
- Be a part of broader GE corporate quality and regulatory team
- Provide leadership for organization of quality and technical activities, problem identification and resolution
- Train and provide ongoing leadership of assigned personnel to meet schedules, quality and measurements, and organizational goals
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited technical university or a technical college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 3 years of experience in quality control systems and quality improvement methods for a manufacturing environment)
- At least 2 years of experience in aircraft maintenance activities
- Experience in aviation quality required
- Proven knowledge of EASA Regulation (EU) No 1321/2014EASA Annex II Part 145 requirements. Other regulations are a plus
- Training and experience as quality system auditor
- Knowledge of quality assurance requirements
- Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma tools and evidence of their application to solve complex problems in a manufacturing environment
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good communication skills and ability to work cross all organizational levels
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Fluent oral and written communication in Czech and in English is required
Informace o pozici
- GE Aviation Czech s.r.o.
- Beranových 65, Praha – Letňany
- Required education: University
- Required languages: Czech (Proficient), English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Cell phone, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Occasional work from home, Launch of a completely new project
- Listed in: Quality and quality control, Manufacturing and industry
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer