Become a part of the worldwide movement Doctors without borders! The humanitarian and medical organisation, Doctors without borders, opened a new Shared IT Service (SITS) centre in Prague in 2019. This centre provides IT support to all interested parties around the world – people sent to missions, operating centres, sections and branch offices.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) has developed its own ERP named UniField to cover its Finance and Supply Chain activities and processes on the field (operations in 60 countries). UniField was formally validated by MSF in November 2014 and the first deployments started in January 2015.
UniField is now deployed on more than 300 locations and is used by more than 3400 active users;
UniField is a fully functional ERP relying on both:
- Local autonomous installations allowing for offline use
- A central synchronisation server allowing data exchange between installations whenever internet connection is available
MSF has put in place a structure, the Core Team / Application Management Team, to provide support, maintenance and evolution of the application/
Under the responsibility of the Head of ERP Support, the ERP IT Support Manager is in charge of providing IT services, support and evolution to UniField for all IT-related topics along with Finance and Supply business domain.
- Within the Intersection IT working group, identify the requirements of the MSF sections for the IT business area and define the IT scope of the ERP
- Analyze business requirements, advise, challenge and align them among the different MSF sections
- Lead IT projects, including the design, the development and deployment of new IT systems and services
- Coordinate and organize resources to produce deliverables for a range of services defined in the IT service catalogue
- Ensure the availability of the ERP Datawarehouse to the clients, ensure the implementation of new web services, ensure the production of KPIs and dashboards for internal and external stakeholders
- Transform business requirements into technical solutions, ensure the production of functional and technical specifications
- Manage release delivery cycle for the IT functionalities in the ERP from analysis, solutions design, development, testing and release into production
- Provide technical support and trainings to MSF sections IT HQs support team (level 1 and 2)
- Maintain IT system documentation
This position implicates the capacity to analyse, synthetise and model the requirements of IS project, to coordinate the MSF operationnal centers (OC) at an organisational and functional level, to design and develop complex information systems, to develop an innovating vision and anticipate future needs.
- University degree (engineering school) in computer science, information technology or related field
- Minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience in developing and supporting IT solutions (preferably an ERP) either as IT business analyst, IT Data analyst, IT developer…
- Experience leading and managing IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Experience in one or more ERPs
- Good knowledge in programming language (object-oriented programming language a plus)
- Good knowledge of relational database management system (PostgreSQL and pgAdmin an advantage)
- Good knowledge of BI tools (Power BI a plus)
- Good knowledge of web services and API (xml-rpc or rest an advantage)
- Good Windows and Linux administration (command lines, firewall, services…)
- Knowledge of supply chain and/or accounting principles is a strong advantage
- Fluent in English
- Fluent French an advantage
- Rigor, organisation, sense of priorities
- Capacity of analysis and synthesis
- Good communication skills and diplomacy
- Capacity to work independently, initiative
- Capacity of innovation
- Team spirit
What we can offer you
- Interesting professional and personal challenge
- Rewarding and meaningful work in a young, dynamic, and rapidly growing truly international organization
- Full flexibility and ownership/accountability
- Flexible working hours, work-life policy, working from home
- 25 days of holiday per year; Flexible working conditions; 6 sick days per year
- Possibility to go for a "sabbatical leave“ / mission, once per 3 years
- Training budget of 1,000 EUR per employee/year; Language courses
- Annual remuneration / “thirteenth salary” (after probation period)
- Relocation package for former MSF field employees who change their regular domicile location in order to work in MSF SITS Prague office
- Public transport contribution (after probation period)
- Nominal financial contribution for employees with children
- Extended paternity leave for fathers
- Free refreshment at the workplace – free drinks (water, tea, coffee) and fruits at the workplace
- Dog/baby friendly office, etc.
- Team buildings / family days
Who we are
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and healthcare exclusion. MSF offers assistance to people in need and irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation. MSF’s actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence, and neutrality. Over 90% of the organization’s funding comes from individual private donors giving small amounts.
The organisation was founded in 1971 in France by a group of doctors and journalists in the wake of war and famine in Biafra, Nigeria. Their aim was to establish an independent organization that focuses on delivering emergency medicine aid quickly, effectively and impartially. Three hundred volunteers made up the organization when it was founded: doctors, nurses and other staff, including the 13 founding doctors and journalists.
Today, MSF is a worldwide movement of more than 65,000 people working in 21 sections, 12 branch offices, 5 Operational Centres and three supply centres worldwide. There are as many IT departments as sections, and together they support more than 32,000 system users spread over MSF offices and missions across the globe. To gain in efficiency and improve end-user experience, MSF has built its own Shared IT Services (SITS) Centre in Prague.
Informace o pozici
- MSF Shared IT Services, z.s.
- Zenklova 2245/29, Praha – Libeň
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Work mostly from home
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development, IT Manager, ERP Specialist
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
604 695 515