We are a proud member of the General Electric's global network, namely the GE Aviation division, which ranks as one of the largest aircraft engines manufacturer in the world. In our facility in Prague we design, produce, sell and maintain turboprop aircraft engines.
Site Quality System Manager
Why us, why this role?
Flight safety and quality come always first in aviation. If you are a person who accepts no compromises in safety and quality and if you want to put your experience at ultimate test in the state-of-the-art industry where good is just simply not good enough, join us! We at GE Aviation design, build and maintenance the top class turboprop engines and we are looking for a strong team player to lead the System Quality team ensuring the entire company operators according to the regulations, per all relevant quality standards and certificates as well as internal procedures. Aviation geeks and junkies are welcome!
Please check our site on the following links:
Our website: https://www.geturboprops.com/
Videos about our Catalyst engine:
For all employees let us emphasize 6 weeks of paid leave a year, 6% contribution to pension/cafeteria, fully covered 100 CZK a day meal vouchers and flexible working hours.
For this role on the top of the above listed points: 30% AIR bonus (yearly) plus a company car or a car allowance.
What is waiting for you:
As Site Quality System Manager, you will be a nominated person responsible for the compliance of the overall Quality Management System with AS/EN 9100 standard (Company quality management representative), with GE corporate quality requirements and with other customer and regulatory requirements.
You will be a part of broader GE corporate quality team. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
As Site Quality System Manager, you will be a nominated person (EASA Form 4 holder - approved by local Civil Aviation Authority and others) responsible for the compliance of quality and regulatory requirements, as described by:
· EASA Part 21, Subpart G (Production Organisation)
· EASA Part 145 (Maintenance Organisation)
· EASA Part 147 (Maintenance Training Organisation)
Roles and Responsibilities
· Build, improve and have overall responsibility for the Quality Management System in accordance with AS/EN9100 standard across the whole Company (design, production, maintenance, and maintenance training organisation).
· Build, improve and have overall responsibility for the quality management system of the Production, Maintenance & Maintenance Training Organisation, as required by Commission Regulation (EU) No 748/2012 & Commission Regulation (EU) No 1321/2014).
· Communication and liaison with certification and regulatory authorities – CAA CZ; reporting of all occurrences as required by regulations
· Exercise the privileges of a production and maintenance organization on releasing aviation product (parts and engines) to service, management of certifying staff
· Be a focal person for external regulatory audits performed by the Civil Aviation Authority of the Czech Republic and others AA
· Assure, request, and coordinate the implementation of required corrective actions interacting as necessary with other managers or the accountable manager.
· Provide the training on regulatory aspects across the Company to increase the awareness of relevant personnel
· Lead and manage the quality assurance team.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited technical university or a technical college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 10 years of experience in quality assurance systems and quality improvement methods for a manufacturing environment)
• At least 5 years of experience in aircraft parts production and aircraft parts maintenance
• Experience in Aviation quality required
• Experience with ISO and AS 9100 standards required
• Proven knowledge of EASA Part 21, Part 145 & Part 147 requirements
• Previous experience as EASA Part 21/Part 145/Part147 Quality Manager is a plus
• Quality management education/certification preferred
• Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma tools and evidence of their application to solve complex problems in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of quality assurance requirements
• The ability to interface, coordinate and negotiate with company personnel, customers and suppliers
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross all organizational levels
• Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in demanding environments with tight deadlines
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
• Fluent oral and written communication in Czech and English is required
Informace o pozici
- GE Aviation Czech s.r.o.
- Beranových 65, Praha – Letňany
- Required education: University
- Required languages: Czech (Proficient), English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Car for private purposes, Cell phone, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Occasional work from home, Foreign business trips, Launch of a completely new project
- Listed in: Quality and quality control, Quality Manager
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer