IDC is looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals who will join our recently launched knowledge platform project. The knowledge platform engages the most influential technology buyers and provides market intelligence, advisory services, and events for information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets.
As a Principal QA Engineer you will provide technical support in design, development and production phases of projects; analyze and troubleshoot QA related issues in a timely fashion; ensure that project is delivered within allotted timelines and budgets; review and recommend improvements to existing QA processes, and implement continuous process improvements to enhance testing efficiency.
- Maintain automated test environment and perform functional and system level testing.
- Maintain QA documentation and generate metrics for management.
- Determine project quality requirements and perform quality planning activities.
- Drive QA initiatives (automation, code coverage, continuous delivery) and review, develop, and recommend process improvements.
- Attend all runbooks, technical kickoffs, requirements gathering/review, and test plan review meetings to ensure quality is met.
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the engineering initiatives to the stakeholders.
- Provide thought leadership, problem solving and analytical skills to solve hard to solve issues impeding deployments & performance of applications.
- Mentor software development resources on best practices and code quality.
- BA/BS degree in science or related area of study or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of related work experience in QA.
- SilkTest, GIT, Bitbucket, Selenium, InstallShield Windows, Jenkins, ReadyAPI/SoapUI, VMWare, Bugzilla, JIRA
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with good presentation and technical writing.
- Experience in developing technical vision for QA engineering, including test tool decision making and selection, as well as process improvement or best practice implementation.
- Experience in handling all aspects of software testing, both manual and automated for all disciplines (Ops, Dev)
- Experience in driving quality assurance of major projects, including oversight of examination, validating, and testing. Works independently in a team environment.
- Experience in leading and managing globally distributed teams and managing concurrent projects.
- Experience in test planning, strategy, and test execution.
- Experience in troubleshooting complex problems from technical perspective.
- Experience in taking initiative and proactively seeks quality solutions through continuous improvement.
What are we offering?
- International environment with daily usage of English
- Time for self-development + other trainings
- Flexible working hours + Home Office
- 5 weeks of vacations
- 3 Sick days
- Attractive compensation package
- Annual bonus
- Cafeteria system, lunch credit
- + lot more
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 55+ years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.
Informace o pozici
- IDC Central Europe, the Middle East & Africa
- Malé náměstí 459/11, Praha – Staré Město
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Sick days, Occasional work from home, International conferences
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Tester, Quality Manager
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
+420 734 763 361