IDC is looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented individual who will join our Data Management and Operations team. The team is part of IDC’s data organization that is building a leading intelligence platform for IT Vendors that provides a holistic 360-degree view of the IT industry.
As a Senior Data Engineer and Team Leader you will build some of the most advanced data products in the cloud. You will define and help launch innovative analytical products through data operations. The ideal candidate will have industry-leading data design skills, a desire to work within a standard product development lifecycle, an established background working across multiple development teams, as well as working with large data sets and data pipelines. As team leader, we are looking for you to support a team of talented and visionary individuals.
- Design the architecture for ingesting, cleaning, transforming, and loading data from source to destination.
- Prototype end-to-end data operation pipeline; test and QA the pipeline; productionize the pipeline.
- Monitor data quality and maintain pipeline in development, QA and production environments.
- Draw insights from data and clearly communicate them (verbal/written) to the stakeholders and senior management as required.
- Communicate with technical teams and management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
- Provide support and oversight for team members.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate data into operational planning/business planning or advanced degree.
- Experience managing individuals for team outcomes
- Experience in GraphQL, PostgresSQL, Node.js, REST API, gRPC, Java, Jenkins, Docker, Splunk, knowledge of GraphDB
- AWS Cloud Data Engineer certification is preferred.
- Be self-driven, and show ability to ETL/ELT on ambiguous projects in spite of incomplete or inaccurate data.
- Excellent skills in writing Python scripts in Apache Beam and Airflow; Experience in writing and tuning SQL scripts.
- Experience working in very large data warehouse environments; understand the best practices for querying and analyzing dataset to support business decision making.
What are we offering?
- International environment with daily usage of English
- Time for self-development + other trainings
- Flexible working hours + Home Office
- 5 weeks of vacations
- 3 Sick days
- Attractive compensation package
- Annual bonus
- Cafeteria system, lunch credit
- + lot more
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 55+ years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.
Informace o pozici
- IDC Central Europe, the Middle East & Africa
- Malé náměstí 459/11, Praha – Staré Město
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Sick days, Occasional work from home
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IT Analyst, IT Manager, Data scientist, Data analyst
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
+420 734 763 361