CEE Bankwatch Network campaigns to prevent environmentally and socially harmful impacts of international development finance, and to promote alternative solutions and public participation. It unites 16 member groups in 14 countries in Central and Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and Russia. Our headquarters are located in Prague, Czech Republic, but our staff is based in offices across the region. We work with partner organisations ranging from Africa to Central Asia, monitoring public finance projects and promoting environmentally, socially and economically sustainable alternatives. Our diverse staff and its expertise enable Bankwatch to work on a wide range of issues ranging from air pollution to land rights and EU decision-making. Please see bankwatch.org for more information.
EU Just Transition Policy Officer
The EU Just Transition Policy Officer would work on EU funds for Just Transition (Just Transition and Cohesion Funds) and policy framework for Bankwatch at the Brussels-level, representing and implementing objectives identified at the national-level as necessary to ensure just transition in the CEE economies in line with EU Green Deal Objectives and SDGs.
Key elements for profile
- Advocacy targeting EU level decision-makers in Bankwatch campaigns related to Just Transition Fund (JTF) and EU Cohesion Funds programing
- Communication with media at the Brussels-level
- Analysis of Territorial Just Transition Plans (TJTPs) and financial measures for the transition from fossil fuels in CEE countries
- Building understanding of just transition agenda and its impacts on energy transformation and climate commitments of the EU (in the relevant countries) → being in continuous contact with national-level and able to follow actors and trends
- Bringing together different perspectives and synthesizing them into a single message
- Advising at the national level on campaign entry-points (decision-makers and relevant EU policies) on JTF, Cohesion funds, and EIB instruments relevant to their campaign objectives
- Coordination of the assessment of the TJTPs and EU funds programming documents for coherence with the NECPs and EU Climate objectives.
- Facilitate networking and coalition building on Bankatch campaign objectives at the Brussels level
- Coordinate with the 'Europe Beyond Coal' campaign and its working groups, in close cooperation with other members of the Bankwatch coal and transformation teams
- Provide input in the preparation of the Reports and fundraising proposals relevant to the area of work
Key skills and knowledge
- Coalition-building, strong team player
- Ability to synthesize information
- Ideally background in EU funds programming and implementation, EU institutions
- Ability to build knowledge in new areas and topics
This position is based in the Bankwatch Brussels office.
We offer a one-year contract for the position. Dependent on funding, we intend to continue the post beyond the 12-month period.
Please send us your CV and motivation letter by 14.5.2021.
To apply, click on the REPLY at the bottom of the page.
Informace o pozici
- CEE Bankwatch Network z. s.
- Brussels, Belgium
- Required education: Education is not important
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Notebook, Flexible start/end of working hours, Holidays 5 weeks, Education allowance, Occasional work from home, Individual schedules of working hours, Opportunity to work up hours, International conferences
- Listed in: State and public administration, Agriculture, forestry, and ecology, Ecologist
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Non-profit organization
Heřmanova 1088/8, 17000 Praha 7 – Holešovice, Česká republika