Do you want to develop and operate a unique High-Performance Computing cloud environment used by world-class researchers who move the needle in the world of scientific innovation?
Masaryk University is the second largest university in the Czech Republic. Since its foundation in 1919, it has become one of the leading research and education institutions in the Central Europe.
We are the Institute of Computer Science MUNI, a unique organization combining IT research, operation, and development. We connect excellent researchers, organizations, academics, and students with modern technologies, enabling their advanced research, innovative forms of education, immediate information availability, national and international cooperation, and much more.
We create the infrastructure that allows scientists from all around Europe to do their cutting-edge research and data analysis in the fields of life science, bioinformatics, mass spectrometry, earth observation, and cybersecurity. Researchers use our instruments to bring DNA sequencing and futuristic treatments for cancer from the realm of sci-fi into reality.
We are looking for experienced people to join our ICS MUNI and CESNET team in operating and developing a software-defined Cloud infrastructure. You'll have the opportunity to improve the cloud infrastructure, add new features, automate everything that hasn't been automated yet, communicate and collaborate with international research communities regarding implementation of scientific projects, platforms, and systems into the cloud environment.
- Keep the cloud infrastructure up-to-date and perform core upgrades
- Collaborate with research communities
- Add new cloud components and features
- Develop new tools that make team-work easier
- Cloud platforms (production experience with OpenStack is a huge advantage)
- Production experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Virtualization platforms and technologies
- Linux administration
- Monitoring systems
- Deep networking knowledge
- Scripting experience with Python and/or Bash
- Automation tools (experience with Ansible or Puppet or both is an advantage)
- CI/CD concepts
It is an advantage if you have experience with:
- Software-defined networking (OVN)
- Automated bare metal provisioning (Redfish)
- Working experience with software-defined storages (CEPH)
- Experience with HPC, GPU and AI
- Control: Be in charge of what you do and how you do it.
- Cause: Do meaningful work that matters. Make a difference.
- Challenge: Constantly work on new and engaging problems.
- Comfort: Work from our headquarters in Brno with pleasant amenities (bike room and showers). Take advantage of home-office and part-time work options, possibility to combine with parental leave, six weeks of vacation, and much more.
- Creativity: Bring ideas about the next steps or the general direction of our services to the table and turn them into reality. No on-call support work.
Join us in driving scientific progress forward. Send us Your CV.
- Read more about us here: https://cloud.gitlab-pages.ics.muni.cz/documentation/cloud/about/
Some of the projects we are involved in:
What is it like to work at the ICS? Read more here:
Information about position
- Masarykova univerzita
- Šumavská 416/15, Brno – Ponava
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Educational courses, training, Occasional work from home, Corporate events, More than 5 weeks of vacation, Foreign business trips, International conferences
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development, DevOps engineer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work, part-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Also suitable for graduates.
Also suitable for parents on maternity and parental leave.