Become a part of the worldwide movement Doctors without borders! The humanitarian and medical organisation, Doctors without borders, opened a new Shared IT Service (SITS) centre in Prague in 2019. This centre provides IT support to all interested parties around the world – people sent to missions, operating centres, sections and branch offices.
You have a unique opportunity to be a part of this implementation journey. As an Linux Infrastructure Specialist you will be building and administrating of all the necessary elements that support the systems and tools running in SITS as well as its clients within MSF with focus on Linux OS, tools, and related services. You will be responsible for ensuring that the systems and devices are running efficiently, are secured and up-to-date, and are consistently monitored and managed.
- Deploy and manage virtual machines based on Linux platforms
- Integrate Linux based system and services into the available monitoring and management tools based on Microsoft technologies
- Manage Linux based infrastructure and hosting services provided to MSF movement
- Collaborate closely with the enterprise and infrastructure architects, support, and the IT security teams
- Participate in infrastructure related projects in partner sections and provide advisory services
- Provide L2 support to the Linux related infrastructure
- Participate on management and support of the network and firewall infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience in IT infrastructure management, server administration, or similar
- University level education in a related field
- Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages
- Familiarity with load balancing, firewalls, switches, etc.
- Ability to build and monitor services on production servers
- Perfect command of English language
- Experience in an international organization environment is a big plus
- Experience in a heavily decentralized environment preferred
- Able to work completely independently
- Able to occasionally travel internationally
- Able to work in an international and diverse work environment
What we can offer you
- Interesting professional and personal challenge
- Rewarding and meaningful work in a young, dynamic, and rapidly growing truly international organization
- Full flexibility and ownership/accountability
- Flexible working hours, work-life policy, working from home
- 25 days of holiday per year; Flexible working conditions; 6 sick days per year
- Possibility to go for a "sabbatical leave“ / mission, once per 3 years
- Training budget of 1,000 EUR per employee/year; Language courses
- Annual remuneration / “thirteenth salary” (after probation period)
- Relocation package for former MSF field employees who change their regular domicile location in order to work in MSF SITS Prague office
- Public transport contribution (after probation period)
- Nominal financial contribution for employees with children
- Extended paternity leave for fathers
- Free refreshment at the workplace – free drinks (water, tea, coffee) and fruits at the workplace
- Dog/baby friendly office, etc.
- Team buildings / family days
Who we are
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and healthcare exclusion. MSF offers assistance to people in need and irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation. MSF’s actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence, and neutrality. Over 90% of the organization’s funding comes from individual private donors giving small amounts.
The organisation was founded in 1971 in France by a group of doctors and journalists in the wake of war and famine in Biafra, Nigeria. Their aim was to establish an independent organization that focuses on delivering emergency medicine aid quickly, effectively and impartially. Three hundred volunteers made up the organization when it was founded: doctors, nurses and other staff, including the 13 founding doctors and journalists.
Today, MSF is a worldwide movement of more than 65,000 people working in 21 sections, 12 branch offices, 5 Operational Centres and three supply centres worldwide. There are as many IT departments as sections, and together they support more than 32,000 system users spread over MSF offices and missions across the globe. To gain in efficiency and improve end-user experience, MSF has built its own Shared IT Services (SITS) Centre in Prague.
Informace o pozici
- MSF Shared IT Services, z.s.
- Zenklova 2245/29, Praha – Libeň
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Work mostly from home
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
604 695 515