Since you are here, it seems you are bit bored in your work or you are searching for a challenge. We have something for you! Come to work with us, we are all but boring - a modern fintech where colleagues are like a family and sky is the limit. We don't do politics, we are always honest and care about our AEVIators - starting from our amazing CEO Mike (yes, that's right, everyone calls him Mike). If you are curious how is life in AEVI, check our websites :-)
Who we are and what we do
AEVI lays the foundation for next-generation acquiring by empowering merchant payment solution providers, such as acquirers, merchant banks, independent sales organizations (ISOs) and value-added resellers (VARs), to move and manage their classic payments proposition into a new value-added world of apps, payments and smart devices.
AEVI combines the talent and resources of merchant payment solution providers, app publishers and device vendors in an open, collaborative ecosystem unrestricted by devices, currencies or borders, providing unprecedented flexibility and choice. AEVI simplifies the complex payment landscape with a single integration that results in acquisition of new merchants, increased retention of existing customers, cost savings, and generation of new revenue streams.
AEVI is a subsidiary company of Diebold Nixdorf, with offices in United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Germany, USA and we operate all over Europe, North America and Australia.
The Defect Manager will focus on managing the defects produced from software testing in assigned projects, programmes or test areas. The Defect Manager is the point of contact for all Defect status related queries, owns and continuously improves the defect process.
The Defect Manager will be required to learn and support all aspects of the defect process and offer guidance to the software testing, development, delivery and operational teams as and when required. This role will be responsible to scope and develop efficiencies and improvements throughout their own processes and aid development in wider teams.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- To manage and control all defects within assigned projects, programmes and test areas.
- To own and chair regular defect calls and reviews with both internal and external lead development, test and operational teams, including customer reviews. To provide clear structure and follow-up for these reviews.
- To define, own, manage and continuously improve the defect management processes.
- To establish defects metrics framework and regular reporting of defect process performance.
- To liaise with delivery, customer services, operational and incident management teams to gain an overview of production defects, customer and business perspective and the dependencies on defects found during testing.
- To ensure all defects are correctly and controlled/managed as effectively as possible throughout their lifecycle.
- To maintain absolute integrity of the defects database and ensuring a full audit for any changes made to a defect status outside of the published defect process.
- To provide feedback and inputs to Test Managers and Senior Test Analysts to improve test coverage and processes.
- To participate in customer meetings and reviews to support the delivery, customer queries and represent QA function.
- To ensure appropriate, comprehensive and timely reporting of work, and early escalation of any issue, that may impact quality of delivery.
- To guide and support less experienced team members encouraging and ensuring compliance with relevant standards and overall work quality.
- To ensure all work meets the guidelines & standards defined for the team and the Company.
- To encourage a company-wide "Quality Culture" where quality is viewed as everyone's responsibility.
- To complete ad hoc duties and tasks allocated through line management chain from time to time.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with the following skills:
- Degree in computer science, project management, software testing or similar.
- Proven experience in defect management or similar areas (project management / tasks tracking, release management, development tracking, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with customer-centric approach (essential).
- Structured and organized approach, self-starter and proactive personality (essential).
- Ability to chair, own and steer critical development and delivery meetings to achieve a satisfactory outcome (essential).
- Strong reporting and data analysis skills.
- Ability to manage repeatable standard processes along with an ability to find, own and resolve ad-hoc issues.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle is desirable.
- Knowledge of tools used for defects management (e.g. Atlassian JIRA) is desirable.
- Able to communicate technical issues to non-technical stakeholders and customers.
- A high-level attention to detail with a good level of analysis and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to build effective relationships and to work as part of a team with a pro-active approach to ensuring delivery.
Becoming an AEVI’ator is like life, and life is not always smooth sailing. It’s more like a flight on a stunt plane – incredibly enjoyable, scary at times… but always worth the ride!
Jump into your new career and be a part of an international work family, with great perks like flexible ways to work and self-development at your own pace. And of course we have benefits like yearly bonuses, adequate IT equipment, endless supplies of Nespresso of fruit Mondays. To support our AEVIators in home offices, we have bunch on online events and activities to stay in touch.
Informace o pozici
- Aevi CZ s.r.o.
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Cell phone, Notebook, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Occasional work from home, Corporate events, Individual schedules of working hours
- Listed in: Banking industry and financial services, IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: Application and system development, Quality Manager
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer