We are a proud member of the General Electric's global network, namely the GE Aviation division, which ranks as one of the largest aircraft engines manufacturer in the world. In our facility in Prague we design, produce, sell and maintain turboprop aircraft engines.
Site leader/Plant manager
Job description summary:
- In this role you will lead the daily operations of Prague site to ensure reliability and consistency on the production line, beyond owning budgets and operating plans.
- You will also interpret internal and external business challenges and lead best practices to improve products, processes or services at the site, serving as Site Leader coordinating horizontally with Engineering and Product Management stakeholders.
- You will lead the Plant Management Team (Materials & Production organization including Logistics, Sourcing and Purchasing, Manufacturing Engineering and Manufacturing Programs; Production of Components; Test Cells; Production Quality; Lean & Cost-out & SixSigma; EHS & Facility Management), while horizontally coordinating other functions as the site (R & Đ, Product Management, HR, Finance, IT).
Required skills and qualifications:
- Significant experience in the Manufacturing & Plant Management
- Experience in the Business Management & National Executive.
- a Master's degree from an accredited university or college
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Fuent Czech and English
- EU work permit
What would we also appreciate:
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Knowledge of Aviation industry
- Master Black Belt Certified
- Ability to work within a highly matrixed business environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to lead teams through example
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management such as production and inventory control, variable cost productivity, and fulfillment metrics, quality systems, cost systems, and fulfillment metrics, and procedures
What we can offer you
- Working for a renowned company, in an international team. Highly challenging role with a lot of responsibility, where you can really make a difference.
- We Invent the Future of Flight, Lift People Up, and Bring Them Home Safely.
Information about position
- GE Aviation Czech s.r.o.
- Beranových 65, Praha – Letňany
- Required education: University
- Required languages: Czech (Proficient), English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Car for private purposes, Management incentive program, Cell phone, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Occasional work from home, Individual schedules of working hours, More than 5 weeks of vacation, Foreign business trips, Launch of a completely new project
- Listed in: Top management, Executive, Executive manager, executive director, Production Manager, Country Director / Manager, Operations Manager, Governor
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer