We are a proud member of the General Electric's global network, namely the GE Aviation division, which ranks as one of the largest aircraft engines manufacturer in the world. In our facility in Prague we design, produce, sell and maintain turboprop aircraft engines.
Prague Plant Leader
Job description summary:
The Plant Leader demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will lead the daily operations of Prague manufacturing plant to ensure reliability and consistency on the production line, beyond owning budgets and operating plans. You will also interpret internal and external business challenges and lead best practices to improve products, processes or services.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage an overall production facility in order to reach defined targets in quality, cost, delivery and safety. Ensure continuous business improvement according to benchmarks and standards, being the visible and active leader of the facility, promoting a favorable and productive environment for all employees to achieve excellence
- Promote a Lean culture and tools to encourage Problem Solving
- Leads the site team and has the ability to attract and retain talent, providing professional and thought leadership. Influences policy and ensures delivery at the site, linking with relevant parts of the organization
- Interprets internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services. Utilizes understanding of industry trends to inform decision making process.
- Leads others to find creative solutions within complex manufacturing processes with technical variety and/or interdependent production cycles.
- Facilitates interaction with adjacent functions needed to solve issues. Has the ability to evaluate quality of information received and questions conflicting data for analysis. Uses multiple internal and external resources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision
- Communicates complex messages, influences and represents the company as needed with external stakeholders
- Has major influence on the site, influencing policy/operating guidelines about important subjects.
- Leads others to find creative solutions to address complex problems that may impact the organization. Has the ability to evaluate quality of information received and questions conflicting data for analysis. Uses multiple internal and external resources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision
- significant experience in the Manufacturing & Plant Management
- experience in the Business Management & National Executive.
- a Master's degree from an accredited university or college
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (Engineering is a plus)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Czech and English fluent
- EU work permit
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Knowledge of Aviation industry
- Master Black Belt Certified
- Ability to work within a highly matrixed business environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to lead teams through example.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management such as production and inventory control, variable cost productivity, and fulfillment metrics, quality systems, cost systems, and fulfillment metrics, and procedures.
What we can offer you
- Working for a renowned company, in an international team. Highly challenging role with a lot of responsibility, where you can really make a difference.
- We Invent the Future of Flight, Lift People Up, and Bring Them Home Safely.
Informace o pozici
- GE Aviation Czech s.r.o.
- Beranových 65, Praha – Letňany
- Required education: University
- Required languages: Czech (Proficient), English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Car for private purposes, Management incentive program, Cell phone, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Occasional work from home, Individual schedules of working hours, More than 5 weeks of vacation, Foreign business trips, Launch of a completely new project
- Listed in: Top management, Executive, Executive manager, executive director, Production Manager, Country Director / Manager, Operations Manager, Governor
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer