Become a part of the worldwide movement Doctors without borders! The humanitarian and medical organisation, Doctors without borders, opened a new Shared IT Service (SITS) centre in Prague in 2019. This centre provides IT support to all interested parties around the world – people sent to missions, operating centres, sections and branch offices.
As the Security Specialist in the team of experienced IT Security experts, you will be responsible for dealing with the advanced security incidents, advising, planning and implementing security measures and changes on the organizational level. This role will report directly to the Infrastructure Lead of MSF SITS.
The position is suitable for specialists experienced with networking / Windows or Linux administration.
- Handling advanced security incidents generated by our SIEM tool
- Acting as an L2 responder to cyber-incidents and will be supporting junior team members from the L1 team
- Communication of the incidents, advising, and implementation of the necessary changes required to counter the attack
- Participation in the creation of automatic detection rules and remedial actions in order to further safeguard our organization against modern threats
- Participation in planning and implementing security measures to protect computer systems, networks, and data for the whole MSF organization
- Ability to communicate clearly with verbal and written skill to senior management
- Analytic thinking (ability to see big picture, foresee possible consequences of your actions)
- Broad knowledge of IT and Information Security technologies, operating systems, databases and applications and common attack techniques
- Deliverable-oriented, with strong problem-solving skills / Must demonstrate a “can-do” attitude
- Willingness to learn new techniques with regards to red and blue team activities
- Confident analyzing real traffic and associated artifacts: malicious, normal, and application traffic
- University or comparable degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Engineering or related discipline
- Proven professional Windows and Unix experience with exposure to security field
- Experience in networking (understanding of basic network protocols and traffic flow in an enterprise environment)
- Basic knowledge of client-server applications, multi-tier web applications, relational databases, firewalls, VPNs, and enterprise Anti-Virus products
- Understanding of security incident management, malware management and vulnerability management processes
- Certifications as CCNA, Security+, Certified Ethical Hacker are welcomed
- Exposure to cloud environment is welcomed
What we can offer you
- Interesting professional and personal challenge
- Rewarding and meaningful work in a young, dynamic, and rapidly growing truly international organization
- Full flexibility and ownership/accountability
- Flexible working hours, work-life policy, working from home
- 25 days of holiday per year; Flexible working conditions; 6 sick days per year
- Possibility to go for a "sabbatical leave“ / mission, once per 3 years
- Training budget of 1,000 EUR per employee/year; Language courses
- Annual remuneration / “thirteenth salary” (after probation period)
- Relocation package for former MSF field employees who change their regular domicile location in order to work in MSF SITS Prague office
- Public transport contribution (after probation period)
- Nominal financial contribution for employees with children
- Extended paternity leave for fathers
- Free refreshment at the workplace – free drinks (water, tea, coffee) and fruits at the workplace
- Dog/baby friendly office, etc.
- Team buildings / family days
Who we are
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and healthcare exclusion. MSF offers assistance to people in need and irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation. MSF’s actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence, and neutrality. Over 90% of the organization’s funding comes from individual private donors giving small amounts.
The organisation was founded in 1971 in France by a group of doctors and journalists in the wake of war and famine in Biafra, Nigeria. Their aim was to establish an independent organization that focuses on delivering emergency medicine aid quickly, effectively and impartially. Three hundred volunteers made up the organization when it was founded: doctors, nurses and other staff, including the 13 founding doctors and journalists.
Today, MSF is a worldwide movement of more than 65,000 people working in 21 sections, 12 branch offices, 5 Operational Centres and three supply centres worldwide. There are as many IT departments as sections, and together they support more than 32,000 system users spread over MSF offices and missions across the globe. To gain in efficiency and improve end-user experience, MSF has built its own Shared IT Services (SITS) Centre in Prague.
Informace o pozici
- MSF Shared IT Services, z.s.
- Zenklova 2245/29, Praha – Libeň
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Work mostly from home
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, IT Security Specialist
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
604 695 515