Bodycote is the world’s largest and most respected provider of thermal processing services, which form a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain.
Bodycote’s Shared Service Centre (SSC) in Prague is one of our two Global SSCs. In Prague we support our business from around the Bodycote Group in Europe. This support covers a number of functional areas, specifically Finance, IT, Marketing, Payroll and Human Resources. In supporting our business, the Prague SSC aims to perform its functional work in a consistent manner across regions and divisions using simplified, standard end-to-end processes wherever possible.
The vision of the Prague SSC is to deliver excellent service through our core values: Honesty & Transparency; Respect & Responsibility and Creating Value.
1923 Year Founded
1972 Year listed on the London Stock Exchange (BOY)
180 The number of Bodycote plants around the world
23 The number of countries Bodycote operates in
5,370 The number of staff employed by Bodycote globally
2012 SSC opened in Prague to service European Finance
IT Operations Manager - Europe
Operating an international network of facilities, and serving a wide range of industrial market sectors, Bodycote is the world’s largest and most respected provider of thermal processing services.
The Bodycote Group require an IT Operations Manager – Europe to lead and direct the European IT Operations team in delivering world class IT services into the Bodycote business. The team provide technical trouble-shooting, cover day-to-day infrastructure maintenance & support and provide project-based resourcing to develop and improve the IT environment. Reporting to the Head of IT Operations this is a key service delivery focused role for which a level of travel will be required to manage the distributed Operations team and establish good working relationships at Bodycote locations across Europe.
- Lead, direct, plan and organize IT Operations staff who are based at our strategic IT hubs across Europe to deliver world class IT services consistently across Bodycote locations.
- Operating within an ITIL environment, drive the incident management process to meet the established SLA’s including daily/weekly/monthly reporting.
- Be a point of escalation in the management of both incidents and requests, including the Major Incident process.
- Responsible for ensuring that infrastructure & IT toolset related services are monitored and available at all times.
- Be responsible for European based IT procurement including the delivery of equipment and peripherals across Bodycote locations.
- Recruit new staff as and when required and manage their induction process.
- Ensure all members of the team are given clear, measurable and individual performance targets, and are provided with ongoing performance reviews throughout the year.
- Continual review of processes underpinning IT operations to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Maintain an awareness of IT security practices and policies to ensure services provided are compliant with statutory requirements.
- Drive the service handover process to ensure that any new projects are handed over and can be supported successfully.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- A decision maker capable of engaging at a technical level across the team to steer fault resolutions and make technical decisions aligned with the overall IT strategy.
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role supporting a complex distributed Windows based environment.
- Good knowledge of VMWare, Citrix, Cisco Meraki technologies.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to plan and prioritize work while responding flexibly to sometimes rapidly changing priorities.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to influence and persuade others; both IT colleagues and our customers.
- An understanding of project management approaches, tools and the phases of a project.
- Good supplier management skills.
- Working knowledge of ITIL.
- Degree qualified.
- Able to speak a second language (preferably German or French).
- A high energy professional capable of making a difference within the business and able to work towards a common vision or goal.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent active listening and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well and continue to deliver results under pressure.
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to work without direct management control.
- Must be able to deal with customers / suppliers / peers at all levels in a professional manner.
- Must be willing to travel and to stay away from home as required.
In return we offer
- Stable environment in a fun office
- Young international team consisting of 16 nationalities
- Great location in Prague 8 (5 minutes from Krizikova metro station)
- Attractive salary and excellent benefits
If you can demonstrate you have the above requirements then why not apply for this great opportunity and develop your career at Bodycote.
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Good luck in your job search.
Informace o pozici
- Bodycote SSC s.r.o.
- Rohanské nábřeží 671/15, Praha – Karlín
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Corporate events, 13th monthly salary, Opportunity to work up hours
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, IT Manager, Operating system and network administrator, Application SW administrator, ERP Specialist
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer