We are a power management company made up of over 92,000 employees, doing business in more than 175 countries. Our energy-efficient products and services help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more reliably, efficiently, safely and sustainably. By giving people tools to use power more efficiently. Helping companies do business more sustainably. And by encouraging each and every employee at Eaton to think differently about our business, our communities—and the positive impact we can have on the world.
Validation/Software Engineer - Linux, C
Eaton is developing Prague Engineering Center as part of the EEIC a team to participate in its Energy Transition in Buildings business. This team will provide new products developments together with other Eaton teams in Europe and rest of the world, in order to ensure the business can provide the best portfolio of products and solutions to grow.
Eaton is looking for a Validation/Software Engineer.
Eaton is looking for Quality Assurance Engineer, dedicated to maximizing the value and effectiveness of our delivery teams by bringing modern, innovative testing techniques and tools to our solutions. He/she supports new product development in all phases (design, implementation, testing), and provides support for industrialization and validation of products
Location: Roztoky, Prague, Czech Republic
Your key responsibilities:
- Perform all aspects of automated testing
- Develop detailed testing approach and plans for specific test areas or overall plans for small to medium size projects
- Produce status reports and quality metrics
- Analyze defect data and manage overall defect resolution process
- Conduct test case reviews and ensure requirements traceability, proper coverage
- Design test cases and execute all types of testing (e.g. functional, integration, end-to-end) on all variety of platforms (e.g. web, portal frameworks)
- Assist project teams in determining appropriate quality goals and acceptance criteria
- Define validation plan (Software and Material)
- Respects and promote Eaton quality process and tools (6sigma)
- Support Operation and Maintenance activities (may lead visible Root Cause Analysis)
- Technical University degree or equivalent
- Experience in test definition and implementation in order to validate a product (Storage system is an advantage)
- Knowledge of programming languages to write small test script (Python, C)
- Experience with contributing to OpenSource projects (Linux)
Following skills are nice to have:
- Other languages (shell, Perl)
- Quality Tools and Test Process (DFSS)
- Knowledge of HW power electronic boards (from Inverter to communication card) appreciated
- Understand the quality requirements to validate a product
- SW/FW knowledge to capture how the system works.
What we can offer to you:
- · Excellent working environment – friendly team and much more (yoga, table tennis on site)
- · Learning & Development - we invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- · Unique career development in various industrial sectors, in EEIC and international Eaton locations
- · Team of professionals, opportunity to learn new technologies.
- · Being close to other innovation and development projects in Eaton
The Eaton European Innovation Center (EEIC) offers an exciting, engaging, and fun environment for creative engineers who are looking for great learning, advancement, and technology leadership opportunities in a broad range of technological fields and in a highly diverse team of researchers and engineers.
With almost 150 employees we are a vibrant Engineering and Innovation Center for electrical, vehicle, hydraulic, and aerospace applications for the region focus on businesses in Europe, Middle-East & Africa.
Informace o pozici
- Bořivojova 2380, Roztoky
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Education allowance, Sick days, Children-friendly office
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Technology and development, Research and development, Development engineer, Research and development worker, Python developer, C# developer, C++ developer, Perl developer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer