IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 55 years IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC’s Insights businesses provide industry-focused advice for IT buyers in the Financial, Government, Health, Retail, Manufacturing and Energy verticals. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. You can learn more about IDC by visiting www.idc.com.
Right now, we are looking for talented professionals from a wide range of backgrounds - people a lot like you. If you are ready to discover IDC, the premium global IT and telecommunications market research, advisory, and events firm, we invite you to check the available position and join our team.
Knowledge Graph Engineer – Data Science
IDC is seeking a Knowledge Graph Engineer who will join our recently established Data Science team in Prague, Czech Republic.
The IDC Data Science team applies the most modern technology and methods to connect multiple data streams, discover novel information, and deliver actionable insights to the rest of the company and to our customers. We combine knowledge graphs, natural language processing, machine learning, and data visualization to solve a wide range of problems entailed in providing advanced market intelligence and advisory services.
In the Knowledge Graph Engineer role, you will cope with the challenges of scalable data modeling and data integration, extending your expertise and bringing best practices to the design of a new data platform. You will have an opportunity to shape both the product and the role, as we collaborate closely within the team as well as with other engineering and business groups.
- Lead the ongoing design and continuous development of our knowledge graphs, share the expertise with other specialists
- Drive the integration of existing and new data sources into connected representations
- Ensure the knowledge architecture and graph technology reflect the state of the art
- Update the graphs and evolve data engineering decisions in sync with other systems and data products to deliver optimal business value
- Architect data workflows and participate in the implementation of applications that query or update the graph data
- Gather inspiration from semantic web standards and linked open data to enhance internal taxonomies and ontologies and promote their external reuse
- Bachelor's or higher degree or considerable work experience in Knowledge Management, Logic, Library Science, Computer Science, or related fields
- 3+ years of experience in data integration, ontology alignment, semantic search, and data management
- Expertise in theoretical areas like knowledge representation, semantic web technology, linked data
- Expertise in a choice of programming tools for data processing and data exchange in various formats
- Experience with graph databases as well as other database types, and triplestores
- Experience with Neo4j, Cypher, SPARQL, Python, Elasticsearch, and familiarity with alternatives
- Fluency in English and strong communication skills – verbal, written, and graphical
Informace o pozici
- IDC Central Europe, the Middle East & Africa
- Malé náměstí 459/11, Praha – Staré Město
- Required education: College
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Sick days, Occasional work from home, International conferences
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, Data scientist, Data Governance Officer, Data analyst
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
+420 734 763 361