IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 55 years IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC’s Insights businesses provide industry-focused advice for IT buyers in the Financial, Government, Health, Retail, Manufacturing and Energy verticals. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. You can learn more about IDC by visiting www.idc.com.
Right now, we are looking for talented professionals from a wide range of backgrounds - people a lot like you. If you are ready to discover IDC, the premium global IT and telecommunications market research, advisory, and events firm, we invite you to check the available position and join our team.
Data Visualization Engineer – Data Science
IDC is seeking a Data Visualization Engineer who will join our recently established Data Science team in Prague, Czech Republic.
The IDC Data Science team applies the most modern technology and methods to connect multiple data streams, discover novel information, and deliver actionable insights to the rest of the company and to our customers. We combine knowledge graphs, natural language processing, machine learning, and data visualization to solve a wide range of problems entailed in providing advanced market intelligence and advisory services.
In the Data Visualization Engineer role, you will reuse and extend your expertise to find the best ways to engage the audience of our data platform and deliver the data insights and stories through appropriate visualizations. You will have an opportunity to shape both the product and the role, as we collaborate closely within the team as well as with other engineering and business groups.
- Identify optimal approaches to solving new data visualization needs and revisit existing solutions and technologies involved in a variety of settings and use cases
- Design and develop custom visualizations, provide technical guidance to other specialists
- Advise on using appropriate dashboarding and analytical tools, architect the workflows
- Focus on enabling insights and presenting business narratives in the data while balancing intuitiveness, complexity, interactivity, flexibility of the visualizations and apps
- Engage with stakeholders and business partners, improve user experience, suggest metrics to evaluate and drive efficient delivery of information via a data platform
- Bachelor's or higher degree or considerable work experience in Computer Science, Social Science, Graphic Design, Data Journalism, Economics, Mathematics, Arts, or related fields
- Portfolio of creative work showcasing original data storytelling and experience in design thinking
- Expertise in a choice of tools for data visualization, data analysis, and business intelligence
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, SVG, JSON, as well as data exchange methods via APIs
- Familiarity with and ability to compare among multiple frameworks, e.g. a subset of Altair, Bokeh, D3, Dash, KeyLines, Linkurious, Matplotlib, Plotly, Seaborn, Vega, anything missing
- Familiarity with some high-level visualization tools, like Flourish, Gephi, Kibana, Looker, Power BI, Qlik Sense, Tableau
- Fluency in English and strong communication skills – verbal, written, and visual
Informace o pozici
- IDC Central Europe, the Middle East & Africa
- Malé náměstí 459/11, Praha – Staré Město
- Required education: College
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Sick days, Occasional work from home, International conferences
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, Data scientist, Data Governance Officer, Data analyst
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
+420 734 763 361