The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Our customers come to us with big ambitions: to make life better, to keep us safer. Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents, and cultures, our architect's design and deliver extraordinary high technology solutions. Solutions that make tomorrow possible, today. From the bottom of the oceans to the depth of space and cyberspace, we help our customers think smarter and act faster - mastering ever greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way.
In Prague, we specialize in developing smart cards, credit cards, SIM cards, ID Cards or Driving licenses. We also invest heavily in the research of E-government solutions and mobile solutions.
Thales is a great place to work. We have friendly management, which follows matrix organization; we have flexible working hours, home office policy, office breakfasts, where everybody shares the latest news, football team, yoga classes, language courses and much more to help you live and work in a fun encouraging environment!
Java Software Engineer
We are looking for reinforcements and expanding the Biometrics team within Thales DIS Identity and Biometrics Solutions Business Line!
As a Java Software Engineer, you will work closely with colleagues and customers to gather requirements, design, develop and implement integrated software and systems solutions in the fields of image processing, biometrics, automated fingerprint identification.
A week in the life of a Java Software Engineer:
- You will develop, enhance and configure biometric enrollment and identification product
- You will maintain and support existing biometric enrollment and identification product and troubleshoot current production system issues
- You will convert historical biometric and demographic records and ensure they are properly loaded into the new system as required by the project;
- You will develop server applications for multiple platforms such as Windows, Linux, AIX, etc.
- You will understand and adhere to design and coding procedures and standards
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must have experience developing software using Java/EE, experience with Computer Architecture, experience working with various operating systems including but not limited to Microsoft Windows, Linux or other UNIX variants.
- It would be preferred if you have experience working with relational databases, client-server system integration experience, familiar with network programming using TCP/IP, UDP, SOA knowledge and web service development experience.
- Fluent in English.
- Result driven and innovative candidate, with excellent client facing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- We are looking for someone mobile for frequent travelling with any number of years of experience in the computer industry.
What we can offer:
Friendly international environment, professional grow within Thales worldwide within friendly team always ready to support and provide assistance.
Opportunity to travel in Europe and worldwide, work on international project with good financial evaluation (negotiable, depending on experience)
Attractive benefit program (5 weeks of vacation, lunch vouchers, quarterly Prague city transport ticket, life and injury insurance, pension plan allowance, Multisport card, language courses at work, Healthcare service through membership in Private clinics, Christmas gift (2.000 CZK), 50% discount in local sport center, every week company breakfast etc.)
Send us your CV and we will be happy to have a chat with you about opportunities whiting Thales !
Informace o pozici
- Thales DIS Czech Republic s.r.o.
- Želetavská 1448/7, Praha – Michle
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Cell phone, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Company catering, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer