Become a part of the worldwide movement Doctors without borders! The humanitarian and medical organisation, Doctors without borders, opened a new Shared IT Service (SITS) centre in Prague in 2019. This centre provides IT support to all interested parties around the world – people sent to missions, operating centres, sections and branch offices.
Project Manager is responsible for coordinating and supporting all major activities and projects in the MSF SITS organization. The scope of activities ranges from oversight, organization, and tracking of various activities assigned to respective individuals or teams all the way to full-fledged implementation projects and change management. Project Manager ensures that the activities are delivered according to a given methodology and on schedule. Majority of the activities and projects are IT related. This role reports directly to MFS SITS PMO Lead.
- Lead and coordinate IT project teams
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Manage projects, prepare and complete action plans
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards
- Provide direction and support to project teams
- Participate in the preparation of project plans and ensure their fulfillment
- Allocate capacities for project implementation
- Regularly document and report project status
- Quality assurance
- 3+ years of experience in project coordination and administration
- Master level education in a related field
- Valid and current Prince2 or other PM certification
- Demonstrated understanding of project management concepts
- Strong knowledge of written and digital project management tools
- Able to work independently
- Ability to complete tasks
- Ability to prioritize workload
- “Big Picture” thinking
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Able to occasionally travel internationally
- Able to work in an international and diverse work environment
- Perfect command of English language
- International experience strongly preferred
What we can offer you
- Interesting professional and personal challenge
- Rewarding and meaningful work in a young, dynamic, and rapidly growing truly international organization
- Full flexibility and ownership/accountability
- Flexible working hours, work-life policy, working from home
- 25 days of holiday per year; Flexible working conditions; 6 sick days per year
- Possibility to go for a "sabbatical leave“ / mission, once per 3 years
- Training budget of 1,000 EUR per employee/year; Language courses
- Annual remuneration / “thirteenth salary” (after probation period)
- Relocation package for former MSF field employees who change their regular domicile location in order to work in MSF SITS Prague office
- Public transport contribution (after probation period)
- Nominal financial contribution for employees with children
- Extended paternity leave for fathers
- Free refreshment at the workplace – free drinks (water, tea, coffee) and fruits at the workplace
- Dog/baby friendly office, etc.
- Team buildings / family days
Who we are
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Doctors Without Borders is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and healthcare exclusion. MSF offers assistance to people in need and irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation. MSF’s actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence, and neutrality. Over 90% of the organization’s funding comes from individual private donors giving small amounts.
The organisation was founded in 1971 in France by a group of doctors and journalists in the wake of war and famine in Biafra, Nigeria. Their aim was to establish an independent organization that focuses on delivering emergency medicine aid quickly, effectively and impartially. Three hundred volunteers made up the organization when it was founded: doctors, nurses and other staff, including the 13 founding doctors and journalists.
Today, MSF is a worldwide movement of more than 65,000 people working in 21 sections, 12 branch offices, 5 Operational Centres and three supply centres worldwide. There are as many IT departments as sections, and together they support more than 32,000 system users spread over MSF offices and missions across the globe. To gain in efficiency and improve end-user experience, MSF has built its own Shared IT Services (SITS) Centre in Prague.
Please send us also a cover letter.
Informace o pozici
- MSF Shared IT Services, z.s.
- Zenklova 2245/29, Praha – Libeň
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Work mostly from home
- Listed in: Administration, IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, Project Manager
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
604 695 515