EYELEVEL is originally a Czech family company that has become a strong global player in its field, without losing its family atmosphere with more than 600 people. EYELEVEL provides 360° customer service to the world's most famous brands in retail and digital products.
Designs, manufactures and equips branded stores with a combination of design thinking, original customized retail interiors and digital technologies. All this with a complete recycling service. The shops designed and manufactured by EYELEVEL are now found on all continents of the world. EYELEVEL customers include brands such as Nike, Adidas, Vans, Reebok, The North Face, Calvin Klein, Starbucks, Dyson and many others.
Check who we are:
Feel free and watch our video on Vimeo and get know us more:
If you are still hungry for more information about EYELEVEL, you will surely feed your appetite by checking us on Cocuma webpage below:
INTRODUCTION OF THE ROLE
- Based within the Shared service center in Prague, the VAT specialist will be responsible for preparing the EMEA VAT ledgers of the group companies, and assist the VAT team in reviewing and completing the data for further processing.
- He/she will also file or support filing of the VAT reports as relevant (VAT returns, EU Sales Listings and Intrastat returns), and cooperate on VAT registrations and de-registrations, as well as, participate in educating the business teams on VAT implications of the business transactions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF YOUR ROLE
- The VAT compliance specialist assists the VAT team in ensuring the EMEA VAT compliance and VAT accounting process, including reviewing the underlying data and tax documents.
- The VAT specialist will also cooperate with the General Ledger (GL) team on VAT reconciliations, and with the AP team on tax payments. This also includes monitoring open items and referring them to the more senior VAT specialist. Furthermore he/she should be able to handle and solve routine compliance related requests and questions from the GL, AR, AP, and internal business teams.
- Report to Global VAT manager in Prague.
- Closely cooperate with the VAT team in Prague.
- Interactions with other stakeholders:
External tax service providers on straightforward tasks
Other finance departments, in particular the GL accounting team, AR, AP and billing teams
The wider tax function members (in Prague and in the UK)
Country sales personnel.
- Your team will always be there to help you.
WHAT ARE WE EXPECTING FROM YOU?
- Accounting/Finance/Tax education (a University degree is preferred; at minimum we seek for a High School degree applicant with proven practical experience in tax and accounting)
- 2-4 years of EU VAT experience
- Tax systems knowledge (preferably SAP, AX Dynamics knowledge will be an advantage), with an overlap into Robotic Process Automation (RPA), tax and accounting IT issues
- Experienced Microsoft Excel user
- A very good knowledge of the EU VAT system and legislation, especially concerning goods’ movements, chain supplies, INCOTERMS
- Strong team player with the ability of working independently
- Strong written and spoken English, any other European language is an advantage
- Proven ability to apply your technical knowledge into practice
- Experience in introducing automated processing or RPA for VAT data, in introducing and using tax determination tools
- Efficient multitasker, with good analytical skills
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- Proactive approach and problem solving mindset
- Experience in a professional or accounting firm is an advantage
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US?
- Sauna and terrace with grill and beer tap
- Very informal environment and colleagues who want to move things forward
- Unlimited vacation
- We allow you to work from home when needed
- Cafeteria Benefit System
- Sport activities (twice a week kick-box and yoga, small fitness available every day).
- Massages and physiotherapy sessions every month.
- Of course, common things like: Laptop, mobile (Iphone), internal and external training, flexible start/end of working hours, sickdays.
- And last but not least: our offices are and will be dog friendly!
Information about position
- EYELEVEL s.r.o.
- Evropská 859/115, Praha – Vokovice
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: Czech (Proficient), English (Proficient)
- Listed in: Economics and Business Finance, Tax consultant / specialist
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer