The beginnings of ESET date back to 1987, when two young programming enthusiasts, Peter Paško and Miroslav Trnka, wrote a program for the detection of one of the world’s first computer viruses. They did not know that they had created one of the most successful antivirus programs in the world – dubbing it NOD. In 1992, together with their mutual friend Rudolf Hrubý, they formally established ESET.
What started as the brainchild of a few friends has evolved into the most valuable international brand of any Slovak company. Today ESET’s NOD32 technology protects over 100 million users across the world.
This success did not come overnight. The company’s global success and growth was given a boost in 1998 with its first “VB100” award from the prestigious Virus Bulletin magazine. Since then, we’ve received this accolade more than 100 times.
Today, over 1,700 employees around the world drive the company’s success. Throughout the company’s expansion, we have stayed true to the principles on which we were founded, and we remain independent in order to continue to meet new challenges.
Agile Test Engineer macOS
We are looking for an experienced Agile Test Engineer to join our team developing and maintaining security applications on the macOS platform.
As a test specialist, you will be part of the development team, being responsible for all aspects of testing, i.e. design, preparation and execution of tests, and evaluation of overall product quality. The position is ideal for a tester with experience in manual as well as automation testing.
- Testing of new products and software updates
- Manual and/or automated testing
- Test environment preparation
- Design and creation of test cases
- Reporting and verification of defect
- Providing quick feedback to developers
- Using and application of agile testing principles (SCRUM)
- Hands-on experience is software testing (min. 2-years)
- Knowledge on various testing types, test design techniques and test case creation
- Experience with Linux / Unix system
- Manual as well automation testing
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, bash, etc.)
- Knowledge of test management and collaborative tools (JIRA, Confuence, etc.)
- English – intermediate (B2)
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of macOS operating system
- Experience with test automation tools (Robot Framework, etc.)
- Experience with testing in agile development (SCRUM)
Oh, and don´t forget the advantages :)
ESET will provide you an attractive benefits system and pleasant work environment. You can improve thanks to code reviews from seniors and your ideas will be welcome not only during daily scrum meetings. If you don’t like to wake up early-no worries, we have flexible working hours. Of course, we support your professional and personal growth by various education and training courses, conferences. Moreover, ESET will contribute to your travel expanses and will financially support you during important life events such as your wedding or the birth of a child. Oh yes and we cannot forget about our team buildings or beer sessions that we really like.
Informace o pozici
- ESET Research Czech Republic s.r.o.
- Palachovo náměstí 799/5, Brno – Starý Lískovec
- Požadované vzdělání: Středoškolské nebo odborné vyučení s maturitou
- Požadované jazyky: Čeština (Pokročilá), Angličtina (Středně pokročilá)
- Zařazeno: IS/IT: Vývoj aplikací a systémů
- Typ pracovního poměru
- Typ pracovního poměru: Práce na plný úvazek
- Typ smluvního vztahu
- Typ smluvního vztahu: pracovní smlouva
- Zadavatel: Zaměstnavatel