The Eaton European Innovation Center (EEIC) offers an exciting, engaging and inspiring environment for creative engineers who are looking for great learning, advancement and technology leadership opportunities in a broad range of technological fields and in a highly diverse team of researchers and engineers.
Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer
Eaton is developing Prague Engineering Center as part of the EEIC a team to participate in its Energy Transition in Buildings (ETiB) business. This team will provide new products developments together with other Eaton teams in Europe and rest of the world, in order to ensure ETiB business can provide the best portfolio of products and solutions to grow.
We opened a new role for an embedded software - firmware engineer
Location: Roztoky, Prague, Czech Republic
The role will be responsible for developing new Software and Firmware Solutions for our product line in power distribution communication platforms for circuit breaker devices.
Your key responsibilities:
- Performing technical feasibility studies for new functions, products and applications
- Providing high level technical skills in Software and Firmware design (Embedded Systems, PLDs, RTOS, Communication Protocols...)
- Performing and supporting design and calculations of electrical aspects (Design For Six Sigma)
- Assisting in the design and simulation of electronic circuits needed for the communication capabilities of devices
- Preparing design and test documentation, as well as technical information/ and storing it SW/FW Repositories
- Testing of prototypes, and supporting the manufacturing in production related software functionality
- Supporting of HW Designer in RF Performance Simulations and Measurements
- Defining architecture of multi-level communication solutions for PDD devices and all related activities
- Technical university or relevant degree
- Solid experience in the field of Embedded Software Development and Communication Technologies
- Proven experience with at least one microcontroller/RTOS platform, Deep knowledge of RF-Communication Technologies (BT-LE, Thread, WIFI...)
- Working knowledge of English mandatory
What we can offer to you:
- Excellent working environment – friendly team and much more (yoga, table tennis on site)
- Learning & Development - we invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- Unique career development in various industrial sectors, in EEIC and international Eaton locations
- Team of professionals, opportunity to learn new technologies.
- Being close to other innovation projects in Eaton
We are a power management company made up of over 92,000 employees, doing business in more than 175 countries. Our energy-efficient products and services help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more reliably, efficiently, safely and sustainably. By giving people tools to use power more efficiently. Helping companies do business more sustainably. And by encouraging each and every employee at Eaton to think differently about our business, our communities—and the positive impact we can have on the world.
Eaton’s sustainability 2030 targets
We’re stepping up our commitment to improve the quality of life and the environment. Our new 2030 targets include reducing the carbon emissions from our operations by half, lowering product and supply chain emissions, certifying all manufacturing sites as zero waste to landfill, and achieving carbon neutral operations by 2030. We have also set targets to further enhance employee safety, development and engagement, and to provide more transparency into the progress the company is making toward achieving its ESG goals.
Informace o pozici
- Bořivojova 2380, Roztoky
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Education allowance, Sick days, Children-friendly office
- Listed in: Electrical and power engineering, IS/IT: Application and system development, Technology and development, SW architect, Electrical engineer, Development engineer, Research and development worker, Embedded engineer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer