The Eaton European Innovation Center (EEIC) offers an exciting, engaging and inspiring environment for creative engineers who are looking for great learning, advancement and technology leadership opportunities in a broad range of technological fields and in a highly diverse team of researchers and engineers.
Eaton is developing Prague Engineering Center as part of the EEIC a team to participate in its Energy Transition in Buildings (ETiB) business. This team will provide new products developments together with other Eaton teams in Europe and rest of the world, in order to ensure ETiB business can provide the best portfolio of products and solutions to grow.
We opened new role for a firmware engineer
We are looking for a firmware engineer to own the development of code capable to manage the various aspects of the ETiB Grid connection together with utility requirements and customers applications. We are looking for a curious professional who will show great sense of initiative, team spirit and result oriented mindset
Location: Roztoky, Prague, Czech Republic
Your key responsibilities:
- Designs and develops FW solutions for customer needs.
- Reviews designs and implementations of others.
- Coding and unit testing of applications
- Prepare test specification and perform integration testing and debugging
- Implements products matching the specifications.
- Design and implementation of tailored solution for specific customers.
- Contributes to achieving planning objectives.
- Contributes to validation plan definition.
Education: Engineering, M.S. or bachelor
Good knowledge and experience in
· programming languages (C, embedded C, C++)
· experience in RTOS
· Fieldbuses: CAN, Modbus,
· PLC programming (i.e. Codesys)
· Linux and operating systems in general
· Passion for innovation and curious about Smart Grid and Storage technology
Following specialties are nice to have
- Experience with version control systems like Git and SVN
- Other languages (shell, Perl, Python, …)
- Experience in embedded development using buildroot or similar tool
- Knowledge/experience of electronics/power electronics and HW development boards (e.g. Raspberry Pi or equivalent) appreciated
What we can offer to you:
- Excellent working environment – friendly team and much more (yoga, table tennis on site)
- Learning & Development - we invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- Unique career development in various industrial sectors, in EEIC and international Eaton locations
- Team of professionals, opportunity to learn new technologies.
- Being close to other innovation projects in Eaton
We are a power management company made up of over 92,000 employees, doing business in more than 175 countries. Our energy-efficient products and services help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more reliably, efficiently, safely and sustainably. By giving people tools to use power more efficiently. Helping companies do business more sustainably. And by encouraging each and every employee at Eaton to think differently about our business, our communities—and the positive impact we can have on the world.
Eaton’s sustainability 2030 targets
We’re stepping up our commitment to improve the quality of life and the environment. Our new 2030 targets include reducing the carbon emissions from our operations by half, lowering product and supply chain emissions, certifying all manufacturing sites as zero waste to landfill, and achieving carbon neutral operations by 2030. We have also set targets to further enhance employee safety, development and engagement, and to provide more transparency into the progress the company is making toward achieving its ESG goals.
Informace o pozici
- Bořivojova 2380, Roztoky
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Education allowance, Sick days, Children-friendly office
- Listed in: Electrical and power engineering, IS/IT: Application and system development, Technology and development, SW architect, Electrical engineer, Development engineer, Research and development worker, Embedded engineer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer